Exclude Open Auction inventory
Inventory exclusions indicate what inventory to exclude from the Open Auction. Inventory exclusion rule allow you to exclude inventory types or targeting values.
The targeting values included in an inventory exclusion rule are blocked from the Open Auction. If no targeting values are included in the targeting picker, then all inventory is blocked from the Open Auction.
- Add targeting values to the targeting picker to ensure you're not excluding all inventory from the Open Auction.
- If you want to include all inventory in the Open Auction, simply don't add any inventory exclusion rules.
Inventory exclusions apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
Learn more about transaction types.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Inventory exclusion
- Name your protection.
- From the “Excluded inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to block the display of Open Auction ads, such as Mobile app.
- The default is to block Open Auction ads from all inventory. To block/allow specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory.
- Click Add targeting.
- Select an item from the dropdown.
- Click in the box of the item you just selected (e.g., click All inventory).
- Click Edit next to items to drill down.
- Click Include to block Open Auction ads from the item.
- Click Exclude to allow the item to show Open Auction ads.
- Click Save.