Only available in Google Ad Manager 360.
You can allow alcohol ads. If you allow alcohol ads at the network level, any Ad Manager user in your network can opt-in to alcohol ads at the inventory level.
Tip: Learn about which transactions alcohol ads can serve to.
Alcohol ad inventory must comply with the following sell-side guidelines:
- Alcohol ads must serve to approved sites where at least 75% of the visitors are over the legal drinking age.
- All content must be reasonably targeted at users of legal drinking age and must not contain sensitive content where an association with alcohol would be inappropriate (for example, a site about recovering from addiction or pregnancy websites).
Publisher sites found to have sensitive content or content that targets minors will no longer be permitted to allow alcohol ads.
Only Google Ad Manager Publishers in Alcohol promotion allowed countries can opt in to receiving alcohol ads. A full list of allowed countries can be found here.
1. Allow alcohol ads at the network level
This process allows you to activate alcohol ads to serve for any domains, mobile applications, or videos associated with your account. As the publisher, you're responsible for ensuring that such impressions contain age-appropriate content and are otherwise compliant with all applicable laws and regulations, including those restricting the display of alcohol ads to of age users.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Global Settings
- Click Ad Exchange account settings.
Either activate or deactivate the Alcohol policies setting:
This option doesn't automatically activate alcohol ads everywhere; it only allows you to activate them in the following section: "2. Enable alcohol ads for your inventory."
- Enabled: enabling this feature allows your network to opt-in to alcohol ads via "Ad content" rules under Protections.
- Disabled (default): when disabled, alcohol ads cannot run on your inventory. Inventory rules that have opted into alcohol are still viewable and editable from the "Rules" summary page.
2. Opt in to alcohol ads at the inventory level
If alcohol ads are allowed for your account (step 1), you can update protections to enable them for specific pieces of your inventory.
If anyone has chosen to disable alcohol ads at the network level, you cannot enable alcohol ads for any of your inventory.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Ad content
- Name your protection.
- From the "Inventory type" dropdown, select the medium on which you want to allow the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
The default is to apply the protection to all inventory. To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting, select an item from the dropdown, and make your targeting selections.
- Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under "Opt-ins", click Add next to "Restricted categories".
Opt in to "Alcohol"
A locked icon in the box means the Alcohol category has been disabled for your account. Contact someone in your organization with Ad Manager admin privileges to enable the category. If that doesn't work, contact publisher support.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.