You can block ads from specific buyers from appearing on your network or specified inventory.
Features in Beta phase might not be available in your network. Watch the release notes for when this feature becomes generally available.
Buyer blocks apply to these transactions
- Open Auctions
- First Look
Learn more about transaction types.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Protections Protections
- Click New protection Ad content
- Name your protection.
- From the “Inventory type” dropdown, select the medium on which you want to control the display of ads, such as Mobile app.
- The default is to apply the protection to all inventory. To target specific inventory:
- Select Only protect specified inventory, click Add targeting, select an item from the dropdown, and make your targeting selections.
- Learn more about targeting in protections.
- Under “Blocks,” click Add next to “Buyer”.
- Select the checkboxes next to the buyers you want to block.
Protection rules are additive. Multiple "Block all buyer with following exceptions" block types targeting the same inventory may result in a significant decrease in the number of advertiser &/ brands eligible to purchase that inventory. When multiple "Block all buyer with following exceptions" are created for the same inventory, only advertisers &/ brands that appear on all blocks will be allowed to bid and serve, which may not be your intention.
- "Block the following buyers". Blocks only the advertisers and brands you select.
- "Block all buyers, with the following exception". Blocks all advertisers and brands except those you select.
- Click Update.
- Add more protections as needed and click Save.