To cancel Essentials edition, go instead to Cancel Essentials.
To stop using Google Workspace at your organization and stop being billed for it, cancel your subscription.
When billing stops
If you’re billed on a monthly Flexible Plan, canceling Google Workspace immediately stops you from incurring new charges for Google Workspace services. If you’re on an Annual/Fixed-Term Plan, you’ll be charged for the remaining balance of your contract.
You might still be charged for services used since your last payment. Learn more below
Canceling during 14-day free trial
You can cancel your Google Workspace subscription during your free trial and you won't be charged. Your subscription will be automatically canceled during your free trial if you do not:
Step 1: Save your data (such as emails, documents)
After you cancel your Google Workspace subscription, your users' Google Workspace data will be deleted and can’t be restored.
Before you cancel your Google Workspace subscription, download any user data you want to save. This includes Gmail messages, Google Calendar events, Google Chat messages, and files stored in Google Drive.
The easiest way to download and export your users' data is to use the Data Export tool.
Note that cancelling Google Workspace doesn’t remove user accounts, groups, or your organizational structure. These items remain unless you delete your organization’s Google Account.
Step 2: Cancel your Google Workspace subscription
Here’s how to cancel Google Workspace and stop being billed for your subscription. Do this after exporting any user data you want to save.
On the Admin console Home page, go to BillingManage subscriptions.
Click your subscriptionCancel Subscription.
Read about charges after you cancel.
Select a reason for cancelingclick Continue.
Check the box to confirm you read the information and want to continue.
Enter your email addressclick Cancel My Subscription.
Impact to services after you cancel Google Workspace
- You lose access to core Google Workspace services, such as Gmail, Calendar, Meet, and more.
- You still have access to Additional Google services, such as YouTube, Google Photos, and Google Ads.
- Administrative controls and settings that are available only with Google Workspace will be removed. These controls include audits, reporting, sharing policies, and alerts. For information on file sharing permissions for Cloud Identity users, go to Drive file sharing permissions.
- Your users' storage capacity will be reduced to 15 GB. If your users purchased additional storage, it’s no longer available.
- Shared drives—After you cancel, you can view shared drive data, but you can’t edit, move, or delete the data or drives.
Google Data Studio reports
If you’ve been using Data Studio to create reports with Google Workspace data, your reports remain available after you cancel Google Workspace. Also, any organization-level sharing restrictions you created in the Google Admin console won't change if you keep your Google Account.
(Optional) Step 3: Delete your organization’s Google Account
If you no longer want a Google Account for your organization, delete the entire account. Deleting your organization’s account frees your domain within 24 hours for use with a new Google Account.
For steps, go to Delete your organization’s Google Account.
Don’t delete your account if you have other subscriptions
After canceling Google Workspace, keep your Google Account if you want to manage other subscriptions from your Admin console. Other subscriptions might include:
- Domain registration, if you purchased your domain when signing up for Google Workspace.
- Cloud Identity Premium, if you purchased a subscription.
- Cloud Identity free edition, which remains available unless you delete your entire account.
Resubscribe to Google Workspace later
If you keep your organization’s Google Account, you can resubscribe to Google Workspace later and your user accounts, groups, and organizational units will still be available. You can add your new subscription within 51 days of cancelling. Otherwise, you'll need to wait until after 84 days when the cancellation process finishes.
You add Google Workspace back to your Google Account using your Admin console. Go to Add a paid subscription.
Questions?I can't access the Admin console. What do I do?
If you can’t access your Admin console, try these solutions.
After you cancel your subscription, you’re billed at the start of the next month for any outstanding charges in your account. The amount is calculated according to your service and billing plan:
- Flexible Plan—You’re charged for the days you used the service. For example, if you cancel on the 15th of this month, you're billed for half a month of service.
- Annual/Fixed-Term Plan—You’re charged for the remaining balance of your commitment.
- Essentials—You’re charged the full monthly cost for each active user in that month. Learn more about How Essentials billing works.