Migrate data away from Google Apps
If you've decided to use another solution for your organization's email, calendars, documents and sites, don't forget to migrate your data to your new solution before you delete your Google Apps account. Here are the available options for migrating your data:Download your data
You can download the data associated with your Google account and use the downloaded info to migrate to another solution. You can download data for the following products:
- Google+ Circles
- Google+ Stream
- Google+ Pages
- Google Photos
- Google Play Books
See Download your data for more information.
Here's a list a data transfer options available for Google Apps:
- Email: Gmail accounts offer an option to download all mail to your computer via POP or IMAP access with a local desktop client, such as Microsoft® Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird®.
- Contacts: Each email account allows users to export the contacts list in a CSV or vCard format.
- Calendar: Google Calendar offers the ability to download an iCal file to your desktop (limited to calendars that are publicly shared), or you can download all calendar in your My Calendars list. For more details, see Export your calendar.
- Drive: Google Drive lets you save your documents, spreadsheets and presentations to your hard drive in various formats. For more details, see Download a file.
- More Google applications: You can find additional information about moving data from other Google applications in the Google Accounts Help Center.
The Google Apps Marketplace hosts partners with Google Apps expertise who can assist with migrations away from Google Apps.