Migrate data away from Google Apps
If you've decided to use another solution for your organization's email, calendars, documents, and sites, don't forget to migrate your data to your new solution before deleting your Google Apps account.
Here's a list a data transfer options available for Google Apps:
- Email: Gmail accounts offer an option to download all mail to your computer via POP or IMAP access with a local desktop client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Contacts: Each email account allows users to export the contacts list in a CSV or vCard format.
- Calendar: Google Calendar offers the ability to download an iCal file to your desktop (limited to calendars that are publicly shared), or you can download all calendars in your 'My Calendars' list.
- Drive: Google Drive lets you save your documents, spreadsheets and presentations to your hard drive in various formats.
- Sites: The Google Sites export tool allows you to easily export your Google Site data. Alternatively, the Google Sites Data API allows client applications to access, import, export, and modify contents within a Google Site.
- More Google applications: You can find additional information about moving data from other Google applications in the Google Accounts Help Center.
The Google Apps Marketplace hosts partners with Google Apps expertise who can assist with migrations away from Google Apps.
Additionally, some advanced options include Google Data APIs for Calendar, Contacts, Drive, and Spreadsheets.
Google aims to make it easy for our users to transfer their personal data in and out of Google's services, by building simple import and export functions. For more information, please see Google's Data Liberation Front.