Use this article to stay up to date with the latest creator updates. For other topics, check out these articles:
- 25% off a product from your Spring shop: We're funding a discount of 25% off any product from your Spring shop. This promotion is on a first-come, first-served basis and is only available for a limited amount of time. To take advantage of this promotion, get your code and start tagging your products in content to share the promo with fans.
- Merch end screens going away: At YouTube, we want to ensure that you're putting effort into features that drive engagement with your products so that you can grow your business. To continue improving the shopping experience for creators and viewers, end screens will no longer be supported. To get engagement with your products, create content that shows their value and tag the products featured so that your audience can shop.
- New revenue breakdowns in YouTube Analytics: You can now go to the Revenue tab in YouTube Analytics to see your revenue broken down by watch page ads, Shorts Feed ads, memberships, Supers, connected shops and Shopping affiliates. Learn more.
- New formats that your viewers watch report in YouTube Studio: In the Audience tab, you can now find a report showing which formats (of video, Shorts and live) your audience watched most often on other channels in the last 28 days. This data can help to inform your content strategy. Learn more.
- Channel permissions available in YouTube Studio app: You can now manage your delegates via channel permissions in the YouTube Studio app. Delegates can now take actions in Studio on a computer, in the Studio app or in the YouTube app. Learn more.
- Stories no longer available starting on 26 June: Starting on 26 June, Stories will no longer be available, and any Stories that you've posted on 26 June will expire seven days after they were originally shared. YouTube will be prioritising other key features to help you be more successful and grow your community. Views accrued from Stories will still display in YouTube Analytics. Learn more.
Monthly roundup from the YouTube Creators channel
Sign up to join our YouTube Creators Research programme to help build a better YouTube for creators. Learn more.
Updates from the past six months
Become a podcast creator on YouTube: Creators can now upload podcasts in YouTube Studio. Podcasts are included in YouTube Music, receive badging and are eligible to be featured on youtube.com/podcasts. Learn how to create podcasts and get started.
- Reactions available in live chat on iPhones and iPads: As viewers watch a live stream on an iPhone or iPad, they can respond in the moment by tapping the reaction that corresponds to how they're feeling. Learn more.
YouTube ShortsSelect a thumbnail when you create Shorts on an iPhone: You can now choose a frame from your Short to be used as the thumbnail when you create Shorts on an iPhone. Learn more about creating Shorts.YouTube StudioNew Shorts metrics in YouTube Analytics: We recently added the 'Shown in feed' and 'Viewed (vs swiped away)' Shorts metrics in the YouTube Studio app. These metrics show the number of times that viewers started to watch your Shorts and how many times that viewers viewed your Shorts versus swiped away. Learn more.
- New ways to use music and earn money: Creator Music, a growing catalogue of high-quality music to use in monetising videos, has started rolling out to US-based creators in the YouTube Partner Programme (YPP). We're gradually expanding to more YPP creators over time, and working to launch new music-related features to all creators. Learn more in our Community Forum.
- Select a thumbnail when you create Shorts on Android: You can now choose a frame from your Short to be used as the thumbnail when you create Shorts on an Android phone. Record or import a video with the Shorts camera, navigate to the final upload screen and then tap the edit icon on the thumbnail of your video to make your selection. You can't yet choose a thumbnail after you've uploaded your Short, including uploading a custom thumbnail on Studio from your computer.