Previous YouTube Studio beta updates
You can use this page to see an overview of the main updates we've made to YouTube Studio beta over time.
- Location tagging - you can now tag your video recording location on a video in YouTube Studio under Details > Advanced. This will help viewers find your content when looking for that location.
- You can now add a video to an existing playlist from the Details > Basic tab. The ability to create playlists will be added soon.
- Custom date ranges for Analytics are back to help you with your detailed data drill down.
- New Dashboard launched to creators with English language settings.
- Snapshot (video at a glance) live for everyone with access to Dashboard. This card compares your latest video's performance to previous videos.
- The Latest activity card (formerly known as Real Time report) now has a toggle between 60 minutes and 48 hours and shows the total views for that range.
- Tables in Analytics now have multiple metrics and columns are sortable.
- In Analytics we've added overlays on the main graphs to indicate when and how many videos you've published. Click on one of the overlays to drill down into that video.
- You can now easily access your video URLs from the Video list by clicking on the YouTube icon when hovering over a video.
- New date options in Analytics, with months and years. Custom date ranges and 'Since publish' are coming!
- Automatically updating Latest activity card on Analytics Overview to show you realtime views for the last 48 hours.
- Impressions, Impressions Click-through rates, Unique Viewers and Average views per Viewer are now available in YouTube Studio! You can find more information and tips on how to use these metrics here.
- Newly updated Analytics tabs, with a large "key metrics graph" that shows you the most important metrics plotted over your selected timeframe.
- Compact navigation, allowing you to see more information on the same page with less unused space. Click on your channel avatar or video thumbnail to change the mode.
- You can now use bulk actions for comments on "Likely Spam" and "Held for Review"
- Inline deleting of your videos
- Inline downloading of your videos
- YouTube Studio beta is now available in all supported languages. In order to switch, please go back to Creator Studio Classic or youtube.com and change it in the top right menu.
- You can now set YouTube Studio to open on default when you access Creator Studio. Go to YouTube Studio and click on Settings or 'Set as default'. You can undo this at any point.
December is usually a quiet time where we don't launch too many new features. Our highly trained monkeys need a break every now and then.
- Inline actions on the Video list for viewing your video on the watch page and copying your video URL to your clipboard
- New access URL at studio.youtube.com
- Metadata editor for tags, advanced settings, and more
- Custom and auto-generated thumbnails
- Collapsible left menu to give you more space in the Videos tab
- Ability to filter videos by title, descriptions, and view count
- Comments improvements and sorting
- Monetization icons parity with Creator Studio Classic
- Contextually dynamic "Missing features" tab that lets you quickly get to a feature in Creator Studio Classic that's currently not yet in YouTube Studio beta
- Back arrow for easy navigation back to the previous view (instead of a breadcrumb) at the top of any video-level view page
- Added comments auto-moderation
- Fixed an issue with moderated comments disappearing
- Improved loading times
- Manual editing of scheduled publishing dates
- Created YouTube Studio beta specific help content and icon. Added Help article, "What's new in YouTube Studio beta")
- Links to Creator Studio Classic when an action can't be taken in YouTube Studio beta
- YouTube Analytics updates: Detail views, end screen cards data, monthly estimated earnings data, and more
- Comments: Full management, including adding a heart to a comment
- Video list: Ability to schedule a private video to become public
- Ability to submit feedback
- View and edit videos in-line
YouTube Analytics: Relevant data in themed tabs (overview, revenue, discovery, audience, interactive content, playlists)