Send your Pixel phone in to be fixed
If you have a Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, or Pixel 3 XL that needs repair, you can mail your phone to be fixed.
Before you begin
- The repair process takes 7–10 business days once you ship your device.
- You’ll need your device’s IMEI number.
- Remember to back up, then factory reset your device and remove the SIM card before you send it for repair.
- Start the process at the Google Store.
- Select Start a repair order.
- When you’re asked, enter your device’s IMEI number.
- If you've started a return or replacement already but would like to have your device repaired instead, contact us.
- On the next screen, confirm that the IMEI entered matches the device you want repaired.
- Choose the problem types that apply to your phone. To get detailed information, at the top, select "Read details about what each option covers."
- Tap or click Continue.
Decide how you’d like to repair your phone.
You have 2 repair options. You can either mail in your device to be fixed, or visit an authorized Partner in person:
- Send it to us with your own packaging - With this option, you can ship your device as soon as you get the email with instructions. Print out the attached shipping label, RMA slip, and battery safety label to ship the device.
- If you choose this option, you’re responsible for any damage or loss that might occur to your device in shipment. We recommend packing your device securely before mailing.
- Send it to us with our prepaid packaging - Prepaid packaging takes 2-3 business days to arrive once you place your repair order. The packaging contains a battery safety sticker and padding to keep the device secure. Print out the RMA slip and shipping label you received to ship the device.
For either shipping option above, check the details for your repair, agree to the repair terms, then tap or click Confirm purchase.
- You'll find the estimated repair cost on the last page before you confirm the purchase and create the repair order.
- To make changes, tap or click Need to make changes? Do not use your browser's back button.
- Check that the address information is accurate. You won't be able to edit the address once you finish the order.
If you don't want to mail your device for repair, you can visit an independent repair center in person to have it repaired. If you choose the in-person option, you don't need to create a repair order with Google Store.
Before you send or bring your device for repairs, back up data, then factory reset your device. This deletes all data saved on your phone. If you can't turn on your device to reset it or your device isn't factory reset when we get it, we'll reset it for you.
Remove the SIM card, then send your device with the shipping method you picked in Step 3 above.
Inspection & approval
- If the device we receive is different from the one in the order, we'll let you know we can't process your repair and we'll send the device back to you.
- If the repair costs less than or matches the estimate, you'll be charged as soon as the inspection is complete, and the repair begins.
- If we find other damage that wasn't in the original order and the repair cost increases, we'll ask you to approve the new cost before moving forward with the repair.
- You'll have 7 days to accept the updated repair order and the final cost.
- If you don't respond within 7 days or you reject the updated order, your repair order is canceled. Your device is returned to you unrepaired, and you aren't charged.
- All damages in the repair order will be repaired at the same time, so partial repairs aren't available.
- Note that while we estimate 7-10 business days to finish the whole repair order, this doesn't include time taken to approve the updated cost.
Repair & return
After inspection and any final approval we might need from you, we start the repair.
Cosmetic damage, like scratches, won't be repaired. If our inspection shows only cosmetic damage, your device will be returned to you unrepaired.
After the repairs are done, you'll receive an email that the repair is complete and your device is shipped back to you with a tracking link.
Learn about the repair process
Visit the Help Center to get more details about the repair process.