Get a SIM card & insert it into a Pixel phone
To connect your phone to a mobile network, you'll need an active SIM. Without one, you’ll see a “No SIM card” message.
All Pixel phones can use nano SIM cards. Some Pixel phones can also use eSIM.
If you buy a Pixel 3 or Pixel 2 phone on the Google Store:
- In the U.S., you can pick no SIM card or a pre-inserted Verizon SIM card. If Verizon is your mobile carrier, activate your SIM card on their site (www.vzw.com/google-activate).
- In other countries, your phone comes with no SIM card.
If you need a SIM card
To get a nano SIM card, contact your mobile service provider. If you're asked for your phone's IMEI number, learn where to see your IMEI number.
If you have a SIM card
You can move your current phone's nano SIM card to your Pixel phone instead of getting a new one.
If you want to use eSIM
Some Pixel phones can use eSIM, depending on the device and mobile carrier. For details, check with your carrier.
Carriers that work with eSIM on Pixel phones include:
- Pixel 3a: Sprint, Telekom.de, or Google Fi
Pixel 3a and 3 can't use eSIM if the phone was purchased in Japan, or if bought with Verizon or Charter service.
- Pixel 3: Sprint, Telekom.de, or Google Fi
- Pixel 2: Google Fi
With your phone off:
- Into the small hole on the phone's left edge, insert the SIM ejection tool. Firmly but gently, push until the tray pops out.
Note: On Pixel 3 (2018), the SIM card slot is on the phone's bottom edge.
- Remove the tray, and put the nano SIM card in the tray. Gently, push the tray back into its slot.
You could need to restart your phone to start getting mobile service. To restart a phone that's on, press the power button for about 3 seconds. Then tap Restart .
You can find your phone's IMEI number:
- On your phone's box.
- On your phone's SIM card tray.
- In your phone's Settings app : Tap System About phone, then look for "IMEI."
Tip: Take a photo of your IMEI number or write it on your paper Quick Start Guide.