Geographic location of presence reports show the number of clicks, conversions, and other metrics that your campaigns and ad groups receive in specific geographic areas, such as city, state, or region. The reports are available from the Dimensions tab or by segmenting campaign or ad groups reports.
In Google Ads accounts, you can use the results of your analysis to choose how to target your ads and adjust bids for a specific geographic area. Learn more.
View performance by geographic area
Select a date range in the top right corner of the page.
- Click the Dimensions ▼ tab. Click Geo and then select a geographic dimension from the list.
Optionally, segment the geographic dimension report.
The reporting table displays additional columns for the selected segments.
Optionally filter the data to reduce the number of rows in the reporting table.
Select the checkbox in the rows that you want to see, and then above the reporting table, click Filter to selected. For example, to see the reporting data for the DMA Regions of New York, NY, the La Jolla neighborhood of San Diego, and the City Park West neighborhood, select the check boxes for each, and then click Filter to selected.
The reporting table displays rows for the selected geographic area.You can't use the Filter button to filter the list by geographic area.
Segment a geographic location of presence report by geographic area
- In a geographic location of presence report, above the performance graph, click Segment: <geographic area> button to display the panel.
- Click the + Segment ▼ button.
- Click Geo, and then select a type of geographic area.
- Optional. To select a different segment, in the Segment panel, select a chosen geographic area to display the list of available segments, click Geo, and then select a different type of geographic area from the list.
- Click Apply.
Once your reporting table looks the way you want, you can use the same functionality available in other Search Ads 360 reports, including:
- Geographic metrics are available from August 1, 2014 onwards. Geographic metrics on or before July 31, 2014 are not available. For example, if you select the date, July 31, 2014, and dimension or segment the report by country, the reporting columns display zeros.
- Segment geographic dimensions by:
Columns in the reporting table display --- (dashes) when:
- Metrics can’t be attributed to a specific geographic area.
Metrics aren’t reported for the geographic area in that country or region, usually because the geographic area is not defined in the country or region.
For example, for the country of Japan, metrics are reported only by city and prefecture. If you group data by country and segment by state, the reporting table displays --- in the State column for Japan.
Learn more about the types of geographic areas that are supported in Search Ads 360.
The following Search Ads 360 items can’t be dimensioned or segmented by geographic area:
- Advertised products and Purchased products reports
- Keyword report (Keyword tab)
- Location extension - Location extension segmentation supported for Google Ads only
Selected columns - If you add certain columns to a report along with a geographic dimension or segment, the columns are blank or display 0s (zeros).
- Bid strategy report
- Scheduled edits
- Charts and tables in Executive Reports
You also cannot use the Search Ads 360 API to upload conversions by geographic area or region.