Create and report on Google Ads conversion trackers
Report on Google Ads conversions
If you're using Google Ads conversion tracking you can report on these conversions in Search Ads 360 by adding Google Ads conversion columns to your reporting tables. Search Ads 360 provides several columns that report the total number of conversions recorded by all Google Ads conversion trackers. You can also report on specific types of conversions, such as sign-ups, phone calls, or mobile app installs by creating custom Google Ads conversion columns.
Both Google Ads and Search Ads 360 provide columns that report on the full range of conversions recorded by Google Ads conversion tracking, including web site conversions, cross-environment conversions, store visits, and most other types of Google Ads conversions.
In Search Ads 360, these columns are available at all levels (for example, advertiser, engine account, campaign, ad group, ad, and keyword), but note the following restrictions for reports below the ad group level:
- Reporting data is available starting from July 1, 2017 onward. For example, if you add the AW All Conv column to the Keywords tab, only conversions that occurred on or after July 1, 2017 are counted in the column. If you navigate to the Ad groups tab, conversions for the entire history of the ad group are counted in the column.
- Desktop call conversions are not available. (Desktop call conversions occur when users call a Google forwarding number displayed on a desktop ad). For example, if you add the AW All Conv column to the Keywords tab, desktop call conversions are not counted in the column. If you navigate to the Ad groups tab, these conversions are counted in the column.
- Hourly reporting isn't available for columns that report All conversions.
For example, if you add the AW All Conv column to the Keywords tab and add the Hour of day segment, the All AW Conv column reports zero. By contrast, the AW Conversions column would report on the number of Google Ads "Conversions" recorded per hour.
Add a Google Ads conversion column:
Above the performance summary graph, click the Columns button to display the column selection tool.
- In the Available columns list, click ▸Conversions, then click Google Ads.
Click + to add a Google Ads conversion column to your report.
Click Apply. In your report, look for the columns that begin with AW.
To report on specific types of conversions, such as sign-ups, phone calls, or mobile app installs:
- Navigate to a Google Ads engine account.
Steps for navigating to an engine account
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the "Agency" list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the "Advertiser" list, click on the advertiser that contains the engine account.
In the "Account" list, click on the engine account.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
Search Ads 360 displays the engine account page.
- Click one of the following tabs:
- Ad groups
- Any extension on the Extensions tab
- From the Targets tab:
- Product groups
- Location targets
- Remarkting targets
- From the Dimensions tab:
- Engine remarketing list
- Dimensions from the Products advertised category
- Dimensions from the Geo category
- Above the performance summary graph, click the Columns button to display the column selection tool.
- In the Available columns list, click ▸Custom conversions, then click Google Ads.
- Click + New column.
- Enter a name for the column.
- In the Search box, type the name for the conversion tracker or click (move right arrows) to add the conversion tracker to the Selected AW conversion trackers list.
- Next to Metric, click arrow ▼ to display the list of Google Ads conversions, and then click one of the metrics.
- Click Save.
The new column appears in your reporting table.
Why do Google Ads and Floodlight conversion tracking not match?
In Search Ads 360, if you compare columns such as Actions and Transactions with the Google Ads conversion tracking columns, you may see that the numbers don’t match. Learn why.
Google Ads conversion tracking data is processed throughout the day. Search Ads 360 updates Google Ads conversion tracking data along with other engine data (with a maximum delay of three hours).