A feed is a file that contains a list of products that you want to advertise through Merchant Center. When you add your products, you'll assign attributes to each one. Your product feeds will use these attributes to group your products together. Once you've created a feed, it can be used multiple times across as many Merchant Center features as you need.
There are multiple types of feeds in Merchant Center. The types of feeds that you use will depend on your needs as a retailer. The product attributes that you use to describe your products to Merchant Center are the same across all types of feeds.
To see subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the video player, select 'Subtitles', and then specify your language.
Primary and supplemental feeds
- Primary feeds are the main data sources for your Merchant Center inventory. If every product that you add to your primary feed meets Merchant Center's data and eligibility requirements, you won't need to create any more feeds.
- Remember, Google recommends that you upload all of your inventory to one primary feed.
- Supplemental feeds add data that's missing from your primary feed. They are used only to update product data that already exists in one or more primary feeds. You can have multiple supplemental feeds, and each one can supplement data in any number of primary feeds.
Multi-source feeds (advanced)
Google Content API for Shopping (advanced)
The Content API for Shopping lets you programmatically manage the structured data items that you upload to Google for use in Google properties, such as Shopping ads and Google Search. Use it to query for items and insert, update and remove items in your Merchant Center account.
This tool is designed for developers who would like to integrate applications with Shopping ads. People using the Content API should have technical know-how and experience in programming applications – this tool isn't suitable for use without a technical background. Learn more about Google Content API for Shopping
Regional product inventory feeds (advanced)
Regional inventory feeds are a type of supplemental feed that can be used to override your existing product data in the primary feed in order to show regional pricing or availability for a selection of products in your predefined regions. Regional inventory feeds cannot add or remove products, or be used as standalone feeds; instead, they override existing product data.
Regional inventory feeds support the following attributes:
- [required] id [id] (offer ID)
- [required] region_id [region_id] (merchant-defined region name)
- [optional] price [price]
- [optional] sale_price [sale_price]
- [optional] sale_price_effective_date [sale_price_effective_date]
- [optional] availability [availability]
Regional inventory feeds are available in the United States and are available for beta sign-up in Australia, France and Germany. Learn more about regional availability and pricing
Attributes are the data points that describe a product. Some, such as condition [condition] and availability [availability], have standardised or accepted values. Others, including id [id] or title [title], are left open for you to fill in for each of your products.
Accurately describing your items using the required and suggested attributes helps people more easily search for and find your items.
There are a number of policies in place regarding how to use each attribute and how often to update your product data. We suggest that you review our policies carefully to make sure that you understand the requirements.
When you're ready, create your feed.