Create an App campaign for engagement
App campaigns for engagement help you to re-engage customers who are already using your app, and encourage them to take specific in-app actions. Your ads can appear across Google Search, Google Play, YouTube, Gmail, and within other apps on the Display Network. This article shows how to create an App campaign for engagement.
Before you begin
To create an App campaign for engagement, you’ll need to provide text, video, and image assets. Learn more about Asset requirements for App campaigns for engagement.
As well as providing assets, you’ll need to make sure your campaigns:
- Have a universal deep link, an app link, or custom scheme. Learn more about Deep links.
- Use an audience list of app users. Learn how to Add, edit, or remove audiences for App campaigns for engagement.
- Have mobile app conversion tracking set up, and use Firebase or a supported third-party to track conversions.
- Have conversions from App Attribution Partners (AAPs) set up properly. Learn how to do this for each AAP, or learn more About auto-tagging.
- Your mobile app needs at least 1 million device installations.
- In the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , and then select + New campaign.
- Click the App promotion goal, then the App card.
- Under "Select a campaign subtype," choose App engagement.
- Select your app's platform.
- Under “Look up your app,” enter your app name, package name, or publisher, then select your app from the list that appears.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a name for your campaign, and choose your locations, languages, and budget.
- Choose which in-app actions you want to optimize your campaign for, and then select a Target cost-per-action (Target CPA).
- Note: We recommend aligning your Target CPA with the value of the in-app actions that you’re optimizing for. Learn more About bidding for App campaigns for engagement.
- Choose the start and end dates for your campaign.
- Click Save and continue.
- Enter a name for your ad group.
- Note: You can create more ad groups later if you like.
- Under “App URL,” enter the destination deep link for your ad.
- Enter your ad headlines and descriptions, then choose images and (optional) videos for your ads.
- Choose the audiences that you’d like to target.
- Note: If you haven’t already created an audience list, learn how to Create an audience list for App campaigns for engagement.
- Enter page themes (optional).
- Page themes are optional phrases for targeting, and should describe the specific action a customer might take after they click your deep link. For example, a shopping app might use “buy running shoes” as a page theme, and set the deep link to take the customer directly to the “running shoes” section of their app. Learn more about page themes for App campaigns for engagement.
- Click Save and continue.