Use a third-party analytics provider with App campaigns for engagement
For your App campaign for engagement to perform, learn, and drive conversions, the conversion flow must be set up properly. Setting up your conversion flow correctly lets Google Ads learn faster and reduce potential discrepancies and tracking issues with App Attribution Partners (AAPs).
Before you begin
- Enable conversion tracking. Learn how to Set up conversion tracking.
- Add an in-app event that reports ‘session_start’ along with the GCLID for Android apps. To avoid under-reporting conversions, conversion tracking on Search requires a "Google Click Identifier," or GCLID. Without a GCLID, your App campaigns for engagement will only measure data from Display and YouTube and not Search.
Find your AAP in the list below, and click it to open the instructions.
- In your Adjust settings, make sure “Enable reattribution” is turned on.
- Set the inactivity window to 0 days.
- Verify that your app is making the call below to Adjust’s Software Development Kit (SDK):
- In your AppsFlyer settings, turn on “Google Ads Retargeting.” See the AppsFlyer instructions under Step 2.
- In your AppsFlyer settings, under “Sending Option,” choose Events attributed to any partner or organic.
- Make sure you’re using the latest F.O.X. Software Development Kit (SDK) version:
- In the “Conversion Tracking” section of your CyberZ settings, make sure “Retention” is enabled.
- Add “?_xroute=2&_xuid=adwords” to the end of your deep link. Note: You’ll also need to add “?_xroute=2&_xuid=adwords” to the end of your deep link in Google Ads. To do this:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Campaigns, and then click on the campaign you want to edit.
- From the page menu on the left, click Ad groups, and then click on the ad group you’d like to add a deep link to.
- Click the blue pencil icon.
- Under “App URL,” enter your deep link, with “?_xroute=2&_xuid=adwords” added to the end.
- Click Save and continue.
- View your measurement statistics in CyberZ.
- In the Kochava app, click the app you wish to configure, and then choose Campaign Manager from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click Add a Tracker.
- Under “Tracker type,” select Reengagement.
- Under “Media Partner,” select Google AdWords.
- Under “Event,” enter “_deeplink”.
- Click Save.
- At the top of the page, open the App Tools drop-down menu, and then select Partner Configuration.
- Under “Network,” find “Google AdWords.”
- Click the 3-dot menu next to Google AdWords, and then select Postbacks.
- Confirm that “_deeplink” is listed under “Active Events.”
- Click the 3-dot menu next to “_deeplink”.
- Under “App event type,” select Session Start.
- Under “App event name,” enter "DeepLink."
- From the “Partner Configuration” section of your Singular app, under “App-specific Configuration,” check the box next to “Enable Re-engagement Tracking.”
- Confirm that your app is enabled to track deep linking.
- Make sure the conversion windows are the same in Singular and Google Ads.