You can create combined audiences to target your ads to a wide range of audiences who might be interested in your products or services. Once you create combined audiences, you can use them throughout your campaigns or ad groups.
Read the instructions below to learn how to create new combined audiences, add audience segments, exclude audiences, or reuse existing combined audiences.
Create a new combined audience
In the scope of a campaign/ad group:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Select an existing campaign or create a new one.
- Click on audiences and open the Combined audiences menu.
- Click on Combined audience. A new window will appear.
- Under “Audience name”, enter a name for your new combined audience.
- Under “Include people who match the following”, add the audiences that you want to target your ads to. You may enter a term or phrase, or browse based on: Who they are, what their interests and habits are, what they are researching or planning, or how they’ve interacted with your business.
- To intersect another audience segment in to your target audience, click Narrow your audience.
- In the section that appears, similar to Step 7 above, add audiences from another segment that you want to include in your targeting.
- If you want to exclude few audiences from your combined audience, click Exclude audience and then, enter the audiences that you want to exclude from your targeting.
Note: At least one audience must be included before an exclusion is allowed. The exclusions only affect the combined audience and does not impact other audiences targeted in the campaign or ad group.
- Click Save.
To protect our user’s privacy, Google Ads will not serve a combined audience with <= 1,000 members. Google will automatically pause the Campaigns or Ad groups that are being targeted to a combined audience with fewer members.
Use an existing combined audience
Once you create a combined audience, you can reuse it for your other campaigns or ad groups. You can access, edit, or remove your existing combined audiences from the targeting picker using the pencil icon next to that audience.
If you edit an existing audience from the picker for a particular campaign, this will affect all campaigns or ad groups using it.
Reach estimates will show you an estimated number of impressions of your audience for the combined audience being created. These estimates are in context of the audience creation and don’t consider campaign specific settings. You may select a specific country, language, or channel to get more specific estimates. The reach estimates indicate the effect on reach for each component audience of the combined audience.
Please note that when you intersect 2 or more audience criteria with a logical AND, it can substantially limit your audience reach.