A campaign allows you to promote your products or services on Google’s vast network of search results, websites, videos, mobile apps, maps, shopping listings, and more.
You'll choose a campaign type based on your advertising objective, brand strategy, and how much time you’re able to invest.
This article explains how to create a new campaign, and provides links to complete the setup based on your campaign type.
1. Select your advertising objective and choose a goal
The first step in creating a new campaign is choosing your advertising objective. After you choose this objective, you will be guided in choosing your goals. This goal will help you determine the best campaign type to reach your intended audience.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the left-side menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , then select New campaign.
- Select your advertising objective for the campaign.
- Scroll down, then choose your conversion goals and click Continue.
- Click Add another goal to include more goals.
- Click the delete button to remove goals.
- Choose your campaign type and click Continue.
Optimize your campaign as you create it
As you create your campaign, you may receive notifications based on your setting selections. These notifications may alert you of issues that can result in decreased performance or that may be significant enough to prevent you from publishing your campaign.
The campaign construction navigation menu that appears as you construct your campaign provides a holistic view of your construction progress and will call attention to notifications that you may want to address. Move between steps in the navigation menu to easily review and resolve potential issues with your targeting, bidding, budget, or other campaign settings. Learn more about features that help you create a successful campaign
2. Select a campaign type
Your campaign type determines the places online where customers will find your ads.
Each campaign type has a different setup and set of best practices. Refer to the guides included at the end of these instructions to finish setting up your campaign.
- Select a campaign type. If you selected a goal, you’ll be given the options for the best campaign types to achieve it.
- If your campaign type has subtypes, choose one.
- Click Continue.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to select your settings, set up ad groups, and create your ads. Follow the guides below to complete these steps based on your campaign type:
You may see messages that guide you to ensure certain settings aren’t preventing your ads from running. Try to fix any potential issues before publishing your campaign.
If you encounter an error message while creating a new campaign, fix those errors before you go any further as this may prevent you from publishing your campaign.