The Insights page helps you identify trends in your market and understand your performance. You’ll see current and emerging interest in the products or services most relevant to your business.
This article explains the basics of how insights work.
Why use insights
Insights are curated for your business based on your account performance and searches across Google for the products and services you show ads for. Insights update daily, and you can check back frequently for new insights that may appear.
- Get insights tailored to your business: The Insights page looks for trends across Google that are relevant to the products and services that you advertise.
- Understand your performance: Drill into each insight to more detailed information about your account’s performance and new areas of potential opportunity.
- Act on recommendations: Insights are integrated with account Recommendations, making it easy to take action.
Types of insights
Search trends are the first insights available. We’ll be launching new insights in the future.
Search trend insights help you to understand the search interest for products and services relevant to your business. You can use search trends to respond to shifts in search demand by identifying potential growth opportunities for your business.
How the Insights page works
The Insights page uses your account's performance history, campaign settings, and trends across Google to automatically generate insights relevant to your business.
Keep in mind
- Insights are only available at the account level.
- Insights are only available for accounts with Search or Shopping campaigns.
- Insights update daily and show the latest data. There’s currently no option to change the time period of an insight.