Video action campaigns are a simple and cost-effective way to drive more conversions across YouTube. Video action campaigns take the best features of TrueView for action and scale them to more places on and off YouTube – all in a single automated campaign. In this article, you’ll learn about the benefits of Video action campaigns and how Video action campaigns work.
- Drive more conversions: Expand campaigns to run on more places on and off YouTube and drive more conversions while still optimising for the lowest CPA.
- Improve campaign performance: By combining inventory from the YouTube home feed, YouTube watch pages, Google video partners and more, Video action campaigns can help you drive improved performance for your campaigns by reaching new customers.
- Scale your campaigns easily: Video action campaigns allow you to run in multiple places in one campaign, without having to set bids and budgets for each inventory source.
When to use
Video action campaigns may be a good choice for you if:
- You want to use video to drive action to your business, service or product.
- You’re looking to increase scale or improve CPA performance and efficiency.
- You already use conversion tracking in your campaigns.
How it works
- Video action campaigns use the skippable in-stream and video discovery ad formats.
- The video that you include in the campaign should be at least 10 seconds in length.
- Ads included in your campaign can use a call to action (CTA), headline (both short and long) and a description in the creative. You can also add optional features to the creative, such as sitelinks.
- Some features aren’t supported on all ad formats included in Video action campaigns. For example, contextual targeting is supported for in-stream ads but isn’t supported for video discovery ads that appear in the YouTube Home feed.