You’ll receive your billing statement via email 2 days after the end of each billing cycle. You can see the statement in the Google Fi app or on the website as soon as the billing cycle ends. Use this page to understand the different sections of your billing statement:
Previous balance & payments
Standard monthly charges
If you're on the Simply Unlimited plan or Unlimited Plus plan, you prepay a monthly fee for unlimited calls, texts, and data.
If you use the Flexible plan, you prepay for calls and texts, and you postpay data usage.
For all plans, your monthly charges also include phone subscription and device financing costs.
Other charges & credits
In this section, you’ll see data charges for the last month and charges that are not covered by your monthly plan. See below for details.
Charges for use not covered by your monthly plan
These can include charges for:
- International calls from the U.S. (Included with Unlimited plan to 50+ countries and territories)
- International roaming charges for calls, texts, and data outside the U.S.
You find any referral credits or credits that support added to your account, like if there's an interruption in your service that warranted a credit.
You find a charge for any phone that you enrolled in device protection.
Prorated charges or credits for the Flexible plan
If your service was paused or suspended in the last billing cycle, you’ll see a credit for your calls & texts plan for the length of time your service was inactive. For example, if your service became inactive on June 16 and your billing cycle ends on June 30, you’ll see a calls & texts credit of $10 on your June 30th billing statement.
If your service was reactivated in the last billing cycle after it had been paused or suspended, you’ll see a charge for your calls & texts plan for the length of time it was active. For example, if your service was reactivated on June 16 and your billing cycle ends on June 30, you’ll see a prorated calls & texts charge of $10 on your June 30th billing statement.
Important: If you haven’t resumed service after 90 days, it will automatically turn back on.
Prorated charges when you switch from Simply Unlimited to Unlimited Plus
If you switch in the middle of your billing cycle from Simply Unlimited to Unlimited Plus, you get a prorated charge for the days you used the Unlimited Plus plan.
For example, if you have an individual account and switched on the 15th of your previous billing cycle, you get a prorated charge of $5.
If you have a group plan, you also get prorated charges for other members.
Google Voice credit balance transfer
If you transferred your Google Voice number to Google Fi and you had a credit balance on your Google Voice account, you’ll see that credit transferred to your Google Fi account on your second bill. Learn more about switching from Google Voice to Google Fi.
The charges below include what you'll typically see on your bill, but because taxes and fees depend on the state and county you live in, you may see others as well. Keep in mind that taxes and fees can vary over time due to rate changes.
You may see the following sales taxes:
- State Sales Tax
- County Sales Tax
- City Sales Tax
Google Fi collects sales taxes on behalf of city, county, and state governments, when required. The rate varies by region.
911 emergency service fee
This charge may appear on your statement as:
- State 911 Tax
- Local 911 Surcharge
We’re required to pay this fee to cover the costs of providing emergency 911 services.
Federal and state Universal Service Fund assessments
These funds support initiatives to give all Americans access to communications services. They subsidize services in rural and high-cost areas and support services in schools, libraries, and hospitals.
Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee
This fee helps cover other various government charges we pay including FCC regulatory fees and contributions to support federal telecommunications programs.
Your total amount
The total amount you’re charged each month includes the following:
- Any charges in “Last month’s usage”
- Your monthly plan charges in “Next month’s charges”
- Any previously unpaid balance in “Previous Balance & Payments”
- Taxes, fees, and surcharges
- Any credits from your previous balance and payments
- Any service credits
Group plan billing
Flexible vs Unlimited group plan billing
In the Flexible plan, calls & texts for the group plan owner is $20/month and each additional group member is $15/month. Shared data is $10/GB for all group members until you reach your Bill Protection level.
Unlimited plans are priced on a per-line basis. Each member of the plan pays the same rate, and that rate is determined by the number of people in the plan:
- 1 person: $50
- 2 people: $40 per line ($80 total)
- 3 people: $25 per line ($75 total)
- 4 people: $20 per line ($80 total)
- 5 people: $20 per line ($100 total)
- 6 people: $20 per line ($120 total)
- 1 person: $65 ($65 total)
- 2 people: $55 per line ($110 total)
- 3 people: $45 per line ($135 total)
- 4 people: $40 per line ($160 total)
- 5 people: $40 per line ($200 total)
- 6 people: $40 per line ($240 total)
For the Flexible plan, your group's owner will receive and pay a single bill each month that includes each member's calls, texts, and data usage. In the Simply Unlimited plan and Unlimited Plus plan, the group plan owner receives a single bill at a rate determined by how many members are in the group plan. For all plans, any device financing and device protection payments will be charged to the group plan owner.
If you are already a Google Fi subscriber and join a group plan, you'll get a refund for any service on your individual plan that you didn't use. See details about refunds for closed accounts.
Your first bill after someone joins your group
When a new member activates on your group plan, you won't be charged anything until your next billing cycle comes around. The first billing statement after a new member activates will include:
- New member’s prorated charges for last month’s calls, data (on the Unlimited plan), & texts, including taxes.
- All members’ (including new member) payment for returning to full data speeds (if they went over) from the prior month.
- All members’ calls, data (on the Unlimited plan), & texts.
Find out more about your Google Fi group plan.
Prepay & postpay
In the Flexible plan, you prepay for calls and texts. You prepay $20 per month for the group plan owner and $15 per month for each extra group member.
In the Simply Unlimited or Unlimited Plus plans, you prepay for calls, texts, and data. Prepay starts at $50 per month per line with Simply Unlimited.
In the Flexible plan, you post-pay for data, $10 per GB.
You also postpay for extra services you may have used, like:
- International calls from the US
- Roaming when you travel internationally
- Device protection enrollment
- Device financing
- Returning to full speeds data
- Prorated cost after you switch from Simply Unlimited to Unlimited Plus
- Prorated cost after you add group members
Your Google Fi bill will include both your Fi plan and Pixel Pass subscription. Your bill will break down your different charges between Fi and Pixel Pass.
Your bill will include a section about billing for Pixel Pass. In this section, you will get line items for:
- Your device
- Any bundled products, like Play Pass, YouTube Premium, or Google One
- Device protection
You may also find a line item for additional charges for a Google One membership higher than 200 GB.
If you had subscriptions to Play Pass, YouTube Premium, or Google One before subscribing to Pixel Pass:
- You will no longer get bills for these services.
- These will be included in your Pixel Pass bill.
If you already have a Fi plan and subscribe to Pixel Pass:
- You will keep your current Fi billing cycle.
- Your Pixel Pass subscription charges begin when your Pixel phone ships.
- Your Pixel Pass subscription will be prorated if you start it in the middle of a billing cycle.
If you are new to Google Fi and subscribe to Pixel Pass:
- Your Fi billing cycle begins when you activate your Pixel phone.
- Your Pixel Pass subscription charges begin when your Pixel phone ships.