Call & text other countries from the U.S.
You can call and text other countries from the U.S. by default. There are no international long distance packages to add to your service plan—just dial the appropriate numbers. If you don’t want to allow outbound international calling on your phone, you can turn off the feature.
Call or text an international numberTo Canada and U.S. Virgin Islands
Dial 1 (area code) (local number).
- Touch and hold 0 until you see the icon on the display.
- Dial (country code) (area code) (local number).
For example, if you’re calling a number in the U.K., dial 44 (area code) (local number).
- With the Flexible plan, rates to make international calls from the U.S. vary by country. With the Unlimited plan, international calls from the U.S. to 50+ countries and territories are included. Learn more About Fi plans.
- Receiving international calls in the U.S. is included in your plan. There’s no additional cost.
- International texts within the U.S. are included in your plan. There’s no additional cost to send or receive international texts.
You’ll find the charges for your international long distance calls from the U.S. in the “Additional charges & credits” section of your latest billing statement. You can also see charges for international calls during your current billing cycle. Keep in mind, though, that these charges can take up to 60 days to appear on your bill.
Important: Unlimited plan users get free free international calls from the U.S..
Learn more about the charges in your billing statement.
If you don’t want to allow outbound international calling from your phone, you can turn it off:
- Open the Google Fi app or website.
- In the "Account" tab, under "Your plan," click Manage plan.
- Turn off Calls to non-U.S. numbers.