The Google Fi Flexible plan includes Bill Protection. This means you'll pay $10/GB for data until you reach your data level. Any data you use after that is free.
Your data level depends on the number of active people on your Flexible plan.
|Individual||2 members||3 members||4 members||5 members||6 members|
|Calls & texts||$20||$35||$50||$65||$80||$95|
|Data level||6 GB||10 GB||12 GB||14 GB||16 GB||18 GB|
|Max data cost||$60||$100||$120||$140||$160||$180|
|Max combined cost*||$80||$135||$170||$205||$240||$275|
*Extras like device protection, device payments, and international calls not included.
When someone on your plan uses 15 GB of data, their data speeds will get slowed to 256 kbps until the next cycle. All other members will get full data speeds until they each use 15 GB of data.
After 15 GB, you can go back to full data speeds at $10/GB for the rest of your cycle. Select Account Get full speed in your Google Fi app. In group plans, only a manager can switch members' speeds back.
You can get an alert when you use a specific amount of data. If you're a group plan owner, you can also get alerts for each member in your group.
You can also decide how much data can be used before data is slowed down. When you reach a slow data limit, data speeds reduce to 256 kbps.
Important: You’re still charged for data used at this slower speed. We notify plan owners and plan members when they're close to slower data. Learn more about data speed limits.
Monitor & budget data usage as a plan owner for a plan member
- Open the Google Fi website or app .
- Select the member’s name.
- Under “Families,” select Edit Family settings.
- Under “Monitor and budget data usage,” choose the alert and the slow data limit:
- Alert me at: Touch and hold, then drag to your chosen data use alert level.
- Slow data at: Touch and hold, then drag to your chosen slow data limit.
Change alert & slow data limit
- When the plan member reaches or is near the data usage level, the plan member will receive an alert.
- Plan members can set their own alerts.
Slow data limit:
- In the plan member’s Fi app, the limit you set is reflected.
- The plan member gets a notification that the limit is set.
- Members can’t change the slow data limit.
- The plan member and the owner get an alert:
- Near the slow data limit
- After the slow data limit is reached