When you upgrade from the legacy free edition of G Suite:
- You immediately switch to a paid subscription. Free trials are not available.
- You can’t downgrade your account back to the legacy free edition of G Suite.
How to upgradeStep 1: Choose your business features
Depending on the features you want, you can upgrade to a Google Workspace Business or Enterprise edition. Compare features below to decide which edition you want.
|Business Plus||Business Standard||Business Starter||Free edition|
|Maximum number of users||300||300||300||10|
|Email, document, image storage per user||5 TB||2 TB||30 GB||15 GB|
|24/7 customer support||✔||✔||✔|
|99.9% guaranteed uptime||✔||✔||✔|
|Option to disable Gmail ads||✔||✔||✔|
|Ability to use Microsoft Outlook||✔||✔||✔|
|Mobile device management||✔||✔||✔|
|Login security keys||✔||✔||✔|
|Drive activity reports||✔||✔|
|Advanced reports and policy controls||✔||✔|
|Enhanced security, controls, and customization||✔|
|Archiving with Vault||✔|
After deciding which edition you want, follow the steps to switch to a paid subscription. After you upgrade:
- You immediately switch to a paid Google Workspace subscription
- You can’t downgrade back to the legacy free edition of G Suite
Upgrade to Google Workspace
On the Admin console Home page, go to BillingGet more services.
At the edition you want, click Switch.
Review the impact this change will haveclick Get started.
Select a payment plan:
- Flexible Plan—No long-term commitment, pay for the users you have each month, and add or remove users as needed.
- Annual Plan (Monthly Payment)—Requires a 1-year contract, pay monthly for users committed upfront, and add users as needed. You can increase the number of users in the users needed field. The Annual Plan is not available when you downgrade to a lower-level edition.
(Optional) Under Flexible Plan, click Add promotion code and enter any promotional code you have.
- Click Checkout.
- Enter your billing informationclick Place order.