Cast YouTube TV
Use YouTube TV with your Chromecast to cast your favorite programs to your TV.
Step 1. Set up Chromecast
To cast YouTube TV from your mobile device, tablet, or computer to your TV, you must set up Chromecast. Note: Chromecast and Chromecast Ultra are supported. You can cast from Chromecast (1st gen), but your experience isn’t optimized.
Step 2. Sign up for YouTube TV
If you haven't already, sign up and customize your YouTube TV membership.
Note: To be eligible for YouTube TV, you must meet:
Step 3. Cast programs to your TV
- Make sure your computer is on the same Wi-Fi network as Chromecast.
- Visit YouTube TV on a web browser.
- Choose a TV show or video.
- Click Cast in the video player.
- Choose the device you want to cast to.
Step 4. Stop casting
Tap or click Cast Disconnect.
Fix a problem
If you're experiencing issues with video streaming, try the first troubleshooting tip and see if it fixes the problem. If not, move to the next step.
Restart your browser & devices:
- Close and reopen your browser.
- Restart your router.
- Restart your computer.
Check for updates:
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Consider using Chrome for the best YouTube TV experience.
Check your connection:
- Make sure you're connected to the internet. YouTube TV requires a connection of at least 3 Mbps for optimal viewing experience.
- Restart your Wi-Fi connection.
- Change the video quality to a lower setting. Select Settings in the video player Quality.
- Close the video player, reopen it, and try watching the video again.
If you're having issues with your Chromecast device, try these troubleshooting steps to help fix the issue.
If you're still experiencing issues with YouTube TV, get in touch with YouTube TV support for help.