Location requirements & permissions
As part of the YouTube TV sign-up process, you'll need to confirm your home area. You must physically be in your home area to sign up. If you're away from home, please wait to sign up until you've returned. Learn more about available locations.
Note: If you try to sign up in a launched location outside of your home area, you may lose access to YouTube TV.
Understand location requirements
Why YouTube TV needs your home area
- Content owners place restrictions on which types of content can be shown where. Certain content is only available in specific areas, per requirements from our content partners. Learn more about viewing restrictions on YouTube TV.
- Your home area helps us figure out which local networks to show you. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with your favorite local programming.
- This information helps to determine local taxes on your membership.
What to do if YouTube TV can't identify your home location
Troubleshoot location permissions
Still having trouble? Location permissions might be disabled on your device. You can check by following these steps.
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Under "Personal," tap Location > Mode.
- Choose High accuracy or Battery saving. Both modes use Wi-Fi and cellular networks to determine location.
- Once you've signed up for YouTube TV, you can use it while traveling.
- If you're a frequent traveler, make sure to use YouTube TV at least once every three months in your home area. This ensures YouTube TV can continue to offer you the correct local networks.
- If you move, please contact support to change your home location.