Sign up & customize YouTube TV
YouTube TV is a paid membership that brings you live TV from major broadcast networks, popular cable networks, and premium networks, plus shows from YouTube creators, trending YouTube videos, and YouTube Originals. It also includes DVR without storage space limits. Learn more about how to sign up and customize YouTube TV below.
Things to know before you startPricing information
YouTube TV costs $40 + tax/month. Note: If you signed up using a valid form of payment before March 12, 2018 at 11:59pm PST, your membership will continue to cost $35 + tax/month.
When you sign up for YouTube TV, you'll be asked to share your home zip code. We may also ask you to confirm your location via your device location permissions. This is to make sure you get access to the correct local networks. Learn more about location requirements and permissions.
YouTube TV comes with a free trial. When you start your free trial, YouTube TV will authorize your credit card with a small fee. Your financial institution will receive an authorization request from us, and the fee will be reflected in your account. This authorization is required to ensure your credit card is active. This amount will be automatically removed from your account once we confirm the card is active (your financial institution can specify when this will happen). YouTube TV does not support purchases made with prepaid credit cards.
Follow these steps to sign up and customize your YouTube TV membership.
Step 1: Sign up for YouTube TV
- Download the YouTube TV app.
- In the app, tap the button to begin the free trial.
- Sign in with your Google account.
Step 2: Confirm your home location
When you sign up for YouTube TV, you'll be asked to share your home zip code, or we may ask you to confirm your location via your device location permissions. This is to make sure you get access to the correct local networks.
If your home zip code appears incorrectly, select I don't live here and enter your home zip code.
Step 3: Customize your membership
- Review the networks included in your YouTube TV membership. You’ll also see the price of your membership and your billing date.
- Select Next to proceed to the next step.
- Add any premium networks to your membership by tapping the circle icon next to a network. The price of your next bill will adjust automatically. You can add any number of premium networks during your free trial.
- Select Continue when you're satisfied with your selections.
- Confirm the credit card you'd like to use to pay for your membership. You won’t be charged until after your free trial expires, and you can cancel at any time. Learn more about using Google Payments.
- Select Buy to complete the sign-up process.
- You can log back into YouTube TV by selecting Already a member? and entering your Google account info.
- Having trouble signing up or logging in? See tips for troubleshooting account login issues.