Sign up & customize YouTube TV
YouTube TV is a paid membership that brings you live TV from major broadcast networks, popular cable networks, and premium networks, plus shows from YouTube creators, trending YouTube videos, and YouTube Red Originals. It also includes DVR without storage space limits. Learn more about how to sign up and customize YouTube TV below.
Things to know before you startPricing information
You need to physically be in your home area—or wherever you'll most frequently use YouTube TV—to sign up. This is to make sure you get access to the correct local networks. If you're away from home, we recommend waiting to sign up until you return home. Learn more about location requirements and permissions.
YouTube TV comes with a free trial. When you start your free trial, YouTube TV will authorize your credit card with a small fee. Your financial institution will receive an authorization request from us, and the fee will be reflected in your account. This authorization is required to ensure your credit card is active. This amount will be automatically removed from your account once we confirm the card is active (your financial institution can specify when this will happen). YouTube TV does not support purchases made with prepaid credit cards.
Follow these steps to sign up and customize your YouTube TV membership.
Step 1: Sign up for YouTube TV
- Download the YouTube TV app.
- In the app, tap the button to begin the free trial.
Step 2: Confirm your home location
YouTube TV needs to identify your zip code to make sure you have access to the right local networks. If your zip code is correct, tap Get Started.
If your zip code isn't correct, a few things could be happening:
- You're at home, but your location permissions on your device are turned off. If so, you'll be prompted to allow YouTube TV to identify your location. You can also try signing up on a different device if location permissions aren't working.
- You're not at home. You need to be in your home area to sign up.
- Tap I don't live here, and enter your home zip code.
- If YouTube TV is available in your home area, try signing up again when you return to your home zip code.
- If YouTube TV is not available, you'll be asked to share your email address, and will get an email if/when YouTube TV launches in your area. Learn about available locations and location requirements.
- Note: If you sign up in a launched area that's not your home area, you may lose access to YouTube TV.
- Your zip code falls into multiple locations. Review the list and choose your correct home area to proceed.
Step 3: Customize your membership
- Review the networks included in your YouTube TV membership. You’ll also see the price of your membership and your billing date.
- Select Next to proceed to the next step.
- Add any premium networks to your membership by tapping the circle icon next to a network. The price of your next bill will adjust automatically. You can add any number of premium networks during your free trial.
- Select Continue when you're satisfied with your selections.
- Sign in with your Google account, or create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Confirm the credit card you'd like to use to pay for your membership. You won’t be charged until after your free trial expires, and you can cancel at any time. Learn more about using Google Payments.
- Select Buy to complete the sign-up process.
- You can log back into YouTube TV by selecting Already a member? and entering your Google account info.
- Having trouble signing up or logging in? See tips for troubleshooting account login issues.