YouTube TV is available on a variety of devices and platforms.
Mobile devices & computers
- You can watch YouTube TV on your mobile device, including certain smartphones and tablets.
- YouTube TV also works in a web browser on your computer.
- Check out System requirements below to see specific requirements by platform (mobile device, etc.)
You can stream YouTube TV to your TV using:
- Chromecast devices
- TVs with Chromecast built-in (e.g., Android TV)
- AirPlay for Apple TV
- We're working to expand YouTube TV to more platforms. Stay tuned!
- If you're using a first generation Chromecast , you may experience a higher rate of errors. It may also take up to 30 seconds to load. Learn more about the free Chromecast offer for new members.
Smart TVs & game consoles
You can download the YouTube TV app on select devices to watch YouTube TV on your TV.
- Android TV (excluding Xiaomi Mi Box)
- Xbox One, Xbox One S, and the upcoming Xbox One X
- Samsung & LG smart TVs (2016 & 2017)
The app will be available soon on 2014 and 2015 Samsung and LG TVs, Sony Linux TVs, and Apple TV.
System requirements for Android devices
- YouTube TV works on most Android L devices and above, including on both phones and tablets. Note: YouTube TV is not currently available on Pixel C devices, but this is coming soon.
- To confirm that your device is supported, download the YouTube TV app from the Play Store. If your device is not supported, you won't be able to download the app and will see an alert, "This item is not compatible with your device."
Update your device to improve playback
For the best video playback experience, make sure to update your device to the latest version of Android. To do this:
- Go to your device's Settings.
- Select About.
- Select System updates.
- If an update is available, tap Download and install.