Chromecast firmware versions
Current Preview Program firmware version
Chromecast (1st gen) — Firmware version 1.32.124602
Chromecast — Firmware version 1.32.124602
Chromecast Ultra — Firmware version 1.32.124602
Chromecast Audio — Firmware version 1.32.124602
Want to test drive the latest firmware version before it's released broadly? Join the Chromecast Preview Program.
Current production firmware version
Chromecast (1st gen) — Firmware version 1.29.104827
Chromecast — Firmware version 1.29.104827
Chromecast Ultra — Firmware version 1.29.106401
Chromecast Audio — Firmware version 1.30.111140
Cast for Android TV — Firmware version 1.30.109591
How to check your firmware version
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
- From your mobile device, open the Google Home app .
- Tap DEVICES to see your available Chromecast devices.
- Scroll to find the device card for the Chromecast you'd like to find the firmware version for.
- In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and look for Cast firmware version: X.XXX.XXXXX.
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.