Enable or disable video ads
Before you start: Make sure you've enabled monetization using your computer. You won't see a monetization tab in the app until you've turned on monetization for your channel.
- Open the YouTube Studio app .
- Tap menu > Videos .
- Select the video you want to monetize or turn ads off for.
- Tap the edit icon .
- Tap the monetization tab .
- To turn ads on or off, tap the switch for Monetize with ads. If you use YouTube's Content ID matching system, follow the on-screen instructions to set or modify the usage policy.
- If you're enabling ads, adjust the ad formats and ad breaks. You can only enable ad breaks for before or after the video. Learn more about YouTube's advertising format options.
- Tap Save.
Note: To change your rental or purchase settings, log in to your account on a computer. If there's a third-party claim on the video, you won't be able to set a usage policy for the video.
This article is for the YouTube Studio mobile app, but you can also enable or disable ads on your computer.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?