You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Use the YouTube Android app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Sign in to your channel on the YouTube app.
- At the top of the app, tap the camera .
- Record a new video or select an existing video from your gallery.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) and description (max 5,000 characters) to your video.
- (Optional) Use enhancements:
- Add a filter to your video
- Add music to your video
- Trim your video by dragging the edges of the white box beneath your video.
- Tap Next to upload your video.
Sometimes we begin uploading your video while you’re recording the video. We never publish a video without your consent.
Watch an example
If you’d like a demo of how to upload videos in the Android app, watch the following video.
Learn more about uploading videos
Upload over mobile network vs. Wi-Fi
You can change the type of connection used to upload your videos.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings General.
- Tap Uploads.
- Choose between uploading videos over Wi-Fi or your mobile network.