You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
If you see, “Invalid video / Asset not readable,” when you try to upload a video from your Photos app, try the following steps:
- Open the video in your Apple Photos app
- Click Edit and wait for the video to download
- Click Cancel to stop editing.
- Go back to YouTube and select the video from your gallery to upload.
Use the YouTube iOS app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Sign in to YouTube and your desired channel.
- Tap the camera at the top of the home page.
- Record a new video or select an existing one to upload.
- To record a new video: Tap the video camera icon and begin recording.
- To select an existing video: Use the gallery to select your video.
- Apply optional enhancements to your video and tap Next.
- Adjust your video's title, description, and privacy settings. You can have a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters.
- Tap Upload.
You can also change the quality and type of connection used to upload videos.
- Go to your account icon .
- Tap Settings.
- Go to "Uploads" section.
Sometimes we begin uploading your video while you are recording the video. We never publish a video without your consent.
- Don’t burn-in bars, as this prevents YouTube from displaying your video in the best way.
- Follow the steps to publish your video.