You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device. Uploading may not be available with supervised experiences on YouTube. Learn more here.
Use the YouTube Android app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one.
YouTube Android app
- Open the YouTube app .
- Tap Create Upload a video.
- Select the file that you'd like to upload and tap NEXT.
- If your video is 60 seconds or less and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, it will be uploaded as a Short. Learn more.
- (Optional) If your video is longer than 60 seconds and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, you can tap 'Edit into a Short' to trim your video and upload it as a Short. Learn more.
If you close the upload experience before you've finished choosing your settings, your video will be saved as a draft on your Content page.
|Thumbnail||The image that viewers will see before clicking your video.|
|Title||The title of your video.|
Info that shows below your video. For video attributions, use the following format:
For formatted text in your descriptions, use the following format: [Channel Name]|[Video Title]|[Video ID].
For formatted text in your descriptions, use the following format:
Choose the privacy settings of your video to control where your video can appear and who can watch it.
If you're in the YouTube Partner Programme, you can set your video to unlisted or private until checks are finished. To get notified once checks are complete, you can opt in to get a notification in the YouTube Studio app. Note: We're slowly rolling out this feature.
|Location||Enter the location where your video was filmed.|
|Playlist||Add your video to one of your existing playlists, or create a playlist.|
Click NEXT to select your audience.
|Audience||To comply with the US Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), you're required to tell us whether your videos are Made for Kids.|
|Age restriction||Age-restrict videos that may not be appropriate for all audiences.|
- Copyright: The Copyright check searches for copyrighted content in your video. If issues are found, you can remove the claimed content from your video or choose to dispute a claim.
- Ad suitability: Once you've turned on ads, the Ad suitability check will verify whether your video follows our ad-friendly content guidelines. If issues are found, you can request human review if you think that our systems made a mistake.
Learn more about uploading videosHow many videos you can upload per day
If your video features a top searched creator, viewers on Android may find a link on the watch page to the featured creator's channel. Viewers will also have the option of subscribing to featured creators. This feature makes it easier for viewers to discover new creators and subscribe to their channels.
A diverse group of top-searched-for creators on YouTube are tagged automatically. Creators cannot be tagged manually.
How to remove a tag
If you created the video, you can tap on the featured creator's name and choose to remove them from the video.
If you're tagged in a video, you can tap on your name on the watch page and choose to remove yourself from the video. You can also choose to remove yourself from videos that you're tagged in on this channel.
Upload over mobile network vs Wi-Fi
You can change the type of connection used to upload your videos.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings General.
- Tap Uploads.
- Choose between uploading videos over Wi-Fi or your mobile network.