You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Use the YouTube Android app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Sign in to your channel on the YouTube app.
- At the top of the app, tap the camera .
- Record a new video or select an existing video from your gallery.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) and description (max 5,000 characters) to your video.
- (Optional) Use enhancements:
- Add a filter to your video.
- Trim your video by dragging the edges of the white box beneath your video.
- Tap Next to upload your video.
- Visit studio.youtube.com after your upload to set your video’s audience setting. To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), you’re required to let us know if your content is made for kids.
Sometimes we begin uploading your video while you’re recording the video. We never publish a video without your consent.
Watch an example
If you’d like a demo of how to upload videos in the Android app, watch the following video.
Learn more about uploading videos
There's a limit to how many videos a channel can upload each day. If you get an error saying “Upload limit reached” when trying to upload a video, try again in 24 hours.
Limits may vary by region or channel history. Copyright strikes do not affect how much you can upload but Community Guidelines strikes do.
If your video features a top searched creator, viewers on Android may see a link on the watch page to the featured creator’s channel, with the option to subscribe. This makes it easier for viewers to discover new creators and subscribe to their channels.
A diverse group of top searched creators on YouTube are tagged automatically. Creators cannot be tagged manually.
How to remove a tag
If you created the video, you can tap on the featured creator’s name and choose to remove them from the video.
If you’re tagged in a video, you can tap on your name on the watch page and choose to remove yourself from the video or from all videos you're tagged in on this channel.
Upload over mobile network vs. Wi-Fi
You can change the type of connection used to upload your videos.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings General.
- Tap Uploads.
- Choose between uploading videos over Wi-Fi or your mobile network.