You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Use the YouTube iPhone and iPad app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one.
YouTube iPhone and iPad app
- Open the YouTube app .
- Tap Create Upload a video.
- Select the file you’d like to upload and tap NEXT.
- If your video is 60 seconds or less and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, it will be uploaded as a Short. Learn more.
- (Optional) If your video is longer than 60 seconds and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, you can tap “Edit into a Short” to trim your video and upload it as a Short. Learn more.
If you close the upload experience before you finish choosing your settings, your video will be saved as a draft on your Content page.
|Thumbnail||The image viewers will see before clicking your video.|
|Title||The title of your video.|
Info that shows below your video. For video attributions, use the following format:
[Channel Name]|[Video Title]|[Video ID]
Choose the privacy settings of your video to control where your video can appear and who can watch it.
If you're in the YouTube Partner Program, you can set your video to unlisted or private until checks are finished. To get notified once checks are complete, you can opt-in to get a notification in the YouTube Studio app. Note: We’re slowly rolling out this feature.
|Location||Enter the location where your video was filmed.|
|Playlist||Add your video to one of your existing playlists, or create a playlist.|
Click NEXT to select your audience.
|Audience||To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), you’re required to tell us whether your videos are made for kids.|
|Age restriction||Age-restrict videos that may not be appropriate for all audiences.|
- Copyright: The Copyright check searches for copyrighted content in your video. If issues are found, you can remove the claimed content from your video or choose to dispute a claim.
- Ad suitability: Once you’ve turned on ads, the Ad suitability check will verify whether your video follows our ad-friendly content guidelines. If issues are found, you can request human review if you think our systems made a mistake.
Watch an example
If you’d like a demo of how to upload videos on your iPhone or iPad, watch the following video.
Learn more about uploading videosHow many videos you can upload per day
There's a limit to how many videos a channel can upload each day. To increase your daily limit, see this article.
If your video features a top searched creator, viewers may see a link on the watch page to the featured creator’s channel, with the option to subscribe. This feature makes it easier for viewers to discover new creators and subscribe to their channels.
A diverse group of top searched creators on YouTube are tagged automatically. Creators cannot be tagged manually.
How to remove a tag
If you created the video, you can tap on the featured creator’s name and choose to remove them from the video.
If you’re tagged in a video, you can tap on your name on the watch page and choose to remove yourself from the video or from all videos you're tagged in on this channel.
Upload over mobile network vs. Wi-Fi
You can change the type of connection used to upload your videos.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings.
- In the “Uploads” box, turn “Upload over Wi-Fi only” on or off.