You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
Use the YouTube Android app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one:
- Sign in to your channel on the YouTube app.
- At the top of the app, tap the camera .
- Record a new video or select an existing video from your gallery.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) and description (max 5,000 characters) to your video.
- (Optional) Use enhancements:
- Add a filter to your video
- Add music to your video
- Trim your video by dragging the edges of the white box beneath your video.
- Tap Next to upload your video.
- Visit studio.youtube.com after your upload to set your video's audience setting. In order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), you're required to let us know if your content is Made for Kids.
Sometimes we begin uploading your video while you're recording the video. We never publish a video without your consent.
Watch an example
If you'd like a demo of how to upload videos in the Android app, watch the following video.
Learn more about uploading videos
Upload over mobile network vs Wi-Fi
You can change the type of connection used to upload your videos.
- Tap your profile picture .
- Tap Settings General.
- Tap Uploads.
- Choose between uploading videos over Wi-Fi or your mobile network.