The pickup today feature is a way to highlight your omnichannel purchase options directly on the Google-hosted local storefront (GHLSF) and shopping product web search results. When a user arrives at your Google-hosted local storefront product page or conducts a search for a product that is available for store pickup, they see a link to your site with pickup today information. The user can then visit your website to complete their order using pickup today as the checkout option.
This article details pickup today components, eligibility, and requirements for your primary feed and website.
The pickup today feature has 2 components:
Pickup today annotation on Google.com local inventory ads
- Pickup annotation is enabled to show on your ad units. The distance annotation is only available on mobile.
Pickup today link on the Google-hosted local storefront
- When you implement the pickup today feature on local inventory ads, the "Pickup today" option is automatically shown on the Google-hosted local storefront. Your customer is also shown information about when the order will be available for pickup.
Note: To get started with pickup today for local inventory ads, contact your Google team to confirm eligibility and compliance with the requirements listed below.
How it works
To surface your items that are eligible for pickup today, add the attributes
pickup_SLA to either your primary feed or local product inventory feed.
Here’s how the process works:
- A user clicks local inventory ad
- Click leads to a Google-hosted local storefront
- User chooses "Pickup today"
- Click leads to retailer’s landing page
- User completes checkout process on retailer’s website
|Attribute||Optional or required?||Feed||Possible values|
||Required||Primary feed or local product inventory feed||buy, reserve, not supported|
||Required||Primary feed or local product inventory feed||same day, next day|
||Required||Primary feed||URL parameter or URL path|
||Required||Primary feed||ValueTrack parameter|
||Optional||Primary feed||URL parameter or URL path|
||Optional||Primary feed||URL parameter or URL path|
- Add the required attributes to any items in your primary feed where the pickup today offering is available for all stores (e.g. a customer can buy and pick up the XYZ television same day in any of your stores nationally).
- Add the
pickup_SLArequired attributes to your local product inventory feed when the pickup today offering is available at specific stores only, or if specific stores offer a different
- Please note that
pickup_SLAcannot be blank. Set a default value for
pickup_methodis set to ‘not supported’.
- Add the attribute,
pickup_link_template, to your local products feed and make sure you include the
pickup_link_templateshould simply provide a link to a product’s store-specific landing page.
URL structures vary across websites. Store codes can be URL parameters, or part of the URL path. See examples below:
store_code as URL parameter
|123||2-Person Camping Tent - Adventure Series||249.99 USD||http://mikemart.com/123?store=
store_code as part of URL path
|abc||LED flashlight and carrying case||19.99 USD||http://acmestores.com/456/
- You can also add the optional attribute
mobile_pickup_link_templateif you have separate mobile landing pages optimized for mobile devices and mobile tracking.
Note: If you are already submitting the
mobile_pickup_link_template attribute in your primary feed, you must include the
store_code ValueTrack parameter for both the
ads_redirect URL matches with the
pickup_link_template URL. If the URLs do not match, the
ads_redirect attribute will be rejected.
Verify and claim your website URL, and make sure the website URL registered in Merchant Center matches the domain in the
pickup_link_template. If the website URL doesn’t match the registered domain, learn how to resolve this issue.
Step 2: Review landing page requirements
The landing page must represent only a single merchant’s store and meet the following requirements on both desktop and mobile devices, including tablets:
- Show the following information on the product page:
- Be able to display a local storefront based on the store codes from your Google My Business account in order to populate store-specific pricing and availability.
- Display your pickup option as prominently as the option to buy online.
- Pickup availability (1. Pickup method: reserve online or buy online 2. Pickup SLA: same day or next day pickup) should be visible prior to adding item to cart.
- Display store name and store location information on the landing page.
- Make sure the local information (such as store name, store location, local product price, and availability) is clearly visible on opening the page, without user interaction. This information should be visible upon loading of the page, without requiring the page visitor to scroll.
- When you first open the page, the store name and city can represent the store location if the full store address isn't present. In this case, the full store address should be displayed when user clicks to view store location details or change to other store locations.
- Display your store’s local product price or ensure that local prices match online prices, if only online prices are displayed.
- Provide option to change to your other store locations prior to adding item to cart.
- Pickup cutoff time and price (if applicable) prior to adding item to cart.
- Allow users to complete their order (e.g. complete the purchase or reserve the item) on your website.
- Provide a pickup confirmation message when order is ready (e.g. email and SMS).
*Note: You can use either your online price or local price when a user checks out with pickup today on your website. However, Google shows the local price only on local inventory ads and the local storefront.
Step 3: Submit your account for review
Once you have updated your feed attributes and reviewed the landing page requirements, request a review of your account using the local inventory ads contact us form.
When filling out the form, make the following selections to request a review of your account.
- Please select your issue:
- “I have questions about the local inventory ads onboarding process or, implementing additional features”
- Type of issue:
- “I want to implement additional features (Merchant-hosted local storefront, Store pickup, On Display to order)”
- Please select the feature you are interested in implementing:
- “Store Pickup”