You can cancel your Google One membership plan at any time.
What happens when you cancel Google One
- You'll stop future Google One payments.
- You and your family members will lose access to extra member benefits and Google experts via the Google One app and website.
- You and your family members will lose access to your additional storage. Each person will keep their default 15GB of free storage.
If you cancel while you're using more than 15GB of storage, you'll notice some restrictions. For example:
- Gmail: You won't be able to send or receive messages. Messages sent to you will be returned to the sender.
- Starting June 1, 2021: If you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, all of your emails may be deleted.
- Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files. You won't be able to create new files in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Until you reduce your storage usage, neither you nor anyone else can edit or copy your affected files. Syncs between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop.
- Starting June 1, 2021: If you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, your content within the affected product(s) may be deleted.
- Google Photos: You won't be able to upload photos and videos in Original quality. If you want to add any more photos and videos, you can either upload or back up in High quality (lower resolution), or turn off Back up & sync.
- Starting June 1, 2021: You also won't be able to upload photos and videos in High quality or Express quality if you are out of storage. And if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, all of your photos and videos may be deleted.
How soon your membership ends
When you cancel your membership, your Google One storage and benefits won’t go away immediately. You have until the end of the billing cycle to use them. At that time, you will lose all your benefits.
Cancel your Google One plan
To stop payments for Google One and end your membership:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google One app .
- On the left, tap Menu Membership plan Manage plan Cancel membership.
- Choose an option:
- To ask a Google expert to help you cancel, choose Phone, Chat, or Email.
- To cancel by yourself with your Apple account, tap Cancel your Google One subscription
- To continue, follow the on-screen instructions.
You should get a confirmation that your subscription is cancelled.
Manage your plan through Google Photos or Google Drive
If you buy your storage through Photos or Drive, you'll need to manage your account there, too. You can't make changes to your Google One account via the Google One app. Learn how to manage your membership in other apps.
If you signed up via iTunes
If you signed up for Google One via iTunes on an iOS device, and later you switched to using Android devices, you can't adjust your membership or change your payment method in the app. To update your account and other info, use iTunes on another device.
If you don't want to cancel your membership, you can decrease storage instead.