If you need to clear storage space in your account, you can do it through Google One. Use the Storage Manager in the Google One app or on the website to preview and delete large Photos and Drive files. You can also discard or permanently delete items in Photos, Gmail, and Drive from Google One web. Learn the difference between discarded and deleted files.
Manage storage on your computer
- On your computer, go to Google One.
- Under "Get your space back," click Free up account storage.
- Under the category you want to manage, click Review and free.
- Select the files you want to remove.
- To sort files, at the top right, use the filters. You can’t sort some categories.
- To preview files before you delete them, click the photos, videos, and certain emails.
- After you select your files, at the top, click Delete .
- To confirm, click Permanently delete.
Get help & fix issues with storageYour family members use up a lot of your shared storage
By default, family members can use as much of the available storage as they want. If someone is using too much storage, ask them to clear some of their storage.
If you don't want to share your storage with your family, learn how to stop sharing Google One.
If you change your storage limit, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to apply to your account.
A Google One membership replaces your current paid storage plan. The storage from your Google One membership becomes your new storage limit. It isn't added on top of your existing paid storage.
If you got storage as part of a promotion, you'll keep the extra storage.
Not all files count against your storage space. For example, emails in your Gmail's Trash don't take up storage, but files in your Drive's Trash do.
- Sign out of your Google account, then sign back in.
- Send a test email to yourself.
- If that doesn’t work:
- Open an incognito window and log into your Gmail account there. Then try to send an email.
- Use a different browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox to open your Google account. Try to send an email.
All your files will stay safe, but you won't be able to store anything new. For example:
You can’t send or receive messages. Messages sent to you are returned to the sender.
- As of June 1, 2021, if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, all of your emails may be deleted.
You can’t sync or upload new files. You can’t create new files in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Until you reduce the amount of storage you use, neither you nor anyone else can edit or copy your affected files. Syncs stop between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive.
- As of June 1, 2021, if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, your content within the affected products may be deleted.
- As of June 1, 2021, if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, all of your content may be removed from Gmail, Drive, and Photos.
If you used the Google One website or another device to sign up for a plan, but you didn't buy a plan via the App Store, it's possible to download the Google One app onto your Apple device. But you can't make changes to your Google One plan on your iPhone or iPad.
If you want to adjust your account and manage your membership via the app, you'll need to buy a plan using an Apple subscription.
Step 1: Cancel your Google One plan
On your computer:
- Visit the Google One website.
- Cancel the Google One plan you previously bought.
Step 2: Buy a Google One plan with an Apple subscription
On your iPhone or iPad:
- Download the Google One app from the App store.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google One app .
- On the left, tap Menu Membership plan.
- Choose the Google One plan you want.
- On the next screen, double press the Side button to confirm your purchase.