Measure web conversions from Google Analytics App + Web properties
After you've linked your Google Ads account and Google Analytics App + Web properties, you can import web conversions and web remarketing lists from Google Analytics for measurement and bidding in Google Ads.
In this article, you'll learn how to import and set up web conversion events from Google Analytics App + Web in Google Ads.
Note: To learn how to measure app conversions, see Measure app conversions from Google Analytics App + Web properties (via the Firebase SDK).
Before you begin
Before you can import your web conversions, a variety of different items are required to set up measurement, including the following:
- A Google Analytics App + Web property: You can set up the property in Google Analytics. You need to have 'Edit' permissions in your Google Analytics account before you can set up the property. Learn more about setting up a property in Google Analytics
- A web data stream for a Google Analytics App + Web property: A web data stream allows you to measure data from your website or web app. Learn more about adding a web data stream
- Conversion events in Google Analytics App + Web: E-commerce events are automatically enabled as conversion events. Learn more about conversion events
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon in the upper right-hand corner of Google Ads.
- Under the section labelled 'Measurement', click Conversions.
- Click the plus button .
- Select Import from the list of conversion types.
- Click the button for Google Analytics App + Web, then click Web.
- Click Continue.
- Select the box next to each web conversion event you'd like to import and click Import and continue.
Note: All conversions you set up in Google Analytics App + Web appear in the list, so choose the web conversion events that are relevant to you for the import.
- Click Done.
You'll now see your web conversion event in the 'Conversion actions' table. Click the name of the event to see more details and to edit the conversion action settings.
Settings for all conversion actions (including e-commerce events)
- Name: Enter a name for the conversion action you'd like to measure. This will help you recognise this conversion action later in conversion reports.
- Value: The value of each conversion event is measured in Google Analytics App + Web and will be automatically imported into Google Ads. You can also set a default value in Google Ads or choose not to use a value. Bear in mind that in Google Analytics App + Web you need to send the value as a number to report conversions in Google Ads. Learn more about conversion values
- Count: Select whether to count every or one conversion per ad click. 'Every' is best for sales; 'One' is best for leads. Learn more about counting conversions
- Conversion window: Select how long to measure conversions after someone clicks an ad. Learn more about conversion windows
- Category: Select the category that best describes your conversion. You can use this category to segment your conversion reports.
- Include in 'Conversions': Deselect this setting (selected by default) if you don't want to include data for this conversion action in your 'Conversions' reporting column. You might want to deselect this setting if you use an automated bid strategy to optimise for conversions and you don't want to include this particular conversion action in your bid strategy. Learn more about 'Include in "Conversions"'