Add a web data stream to an App + Web property
If you haven't created an Analytics account, follow these instructions to add an account, property, and web stream.
If you already have an Analytics account and property, and you want to add a web stream to that property:
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property where you want to add the web stream.
- Follow the instructions here for adding a web stream.
You can add only one web stream to a property.
If you want to add an app stream to the same property, follow the instructions above, but use the app-stream option.
Implement the new measurement tag
When you add a new web stream to a property, you have two choices:
- Generate a new measurement tag: Analytics generates a tag that you add to either your web pages or to a Google Tag Manager container. Learn more about implementing the measurement tag.
- Use an existing tag: Analytics lets you add the Measurement ID for your data stream to an existing Analytics global site tag. Follow the instructions in Analytics to implement the measurement tag this way.