To see subtitles in your language, turn on YouTube captions. Click the Settings icon at the bottom of the video player, select "Subtitles," and then specify your language.
Google ads manager accounts can share tags, remarketing lists, and combined audiences that they’ve created with some, or all, of its Google Ads accounts or sub-manager accounts (other manager accounts). This article explains how you can set up sharing for remarketing lists using your manager accounts and other Google Ads accounts.
Before you begin
It’s important to know that manager accounts need permission from individual client accounts (Google Ads accounts) to share remarketing lists created and owned by a client account (detailed in the instructions below). If you have administrative access to the manager account, you will be able to go through the entire process.
Important: When sharing remarketing lists and combined audiences across accounts, remember that you may be sharing confidential or proprietary data. You should only share remarketing lists with other accounts if you have obtained permission from accounts that own them and such sharing doesn't violate any agreements you have with those accounts. For additional requirements and details about remarketing lists for search ads, see the policy for remarketing lists for search ads.
Manage list sharing from your manager account
With the manager account as the owner account for linked sub accounts, you can manage all remarketing list sharing for these owned sub accounts from within the manager account.
Continuous audience sharing
To set up continuous audience sharing in your manager account, follow these steps:
- Sign into your manager account.
- Click Settings in the left navigation menu, then Manager account settings.
- You’ll see a selection menu for “Continuous audience sharing”. Click on the down arrow .
- Check the box beside “Add this manager as an audience manager for all sub accounts”. This ensures that all lists shared with or owned by your manager account will be shared with its sub accounts.
- Click Save.
- Optional: Check the box beside “Access and share all audiences from specific sub accounts” to select which specific sub accounts will share lists with your manager account and its linked sub accounts.
- Click on the pencil icon to open the account menu.
- Check the box beside all specific sub accounts that should share lists with your manager account.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.
- If a manager account shares tags and lists with a client account, the client account will have access to any lists the manager account creates (including future lists).
- If a client account has shared lists with a manager account, the manager account can share those lists with its other client accounts.
- If a remarketing tag isn't correctly implemented, the tag won't add website visitors to remarketing lists. This may limit or stop ads from showing. Any client accounts using these lists would be affected. Learn how to troubleshoot your tagging implementation
- If a client account turns off list sharing, any campaign or ad groups in the other client accounts using the shared lists will stop running and will no longer be visible in your Audience manager.
- If a client account's "Remarketing account" is changed from one manager account to another manager account, the client account will no longer have access to the manager account tag or any lists associated with it. Any ad groups or campaigns in these accounts that were using these lists will stop running as described in the previous paragraph.
- If a manager removes a client account from list sharing, the client account will lose access to the manager account's tag and lists. If the client account was sharing their own lists, this change would affect ad groups and campaigns in other accounts that are targeting these lists.
Keep in mind
- Remarketing lists owned by a manager account, or shared with a manager account, will be shared and accessible for all client accounts that are set to “This manager” under the same “Remarketing account.”
- Only the owner of a shared list can edit it.
- Any changes made to a shared list will be applied across accounts.
- The sharing of Video remarketing lists, DoubleClick (DFA) lists, or licensed lists is currently not supported.
- To share Google Analytics lists, Google considers the Google Ads account to which the list was linked during setup. You can see the status of Google Analytics in the “Audience sources” tab of Audience Manager.
- Note: Lists can only be shared with one other Google Ads destination account, so if you want to share them when importing from Google Ads to Google Analytics, set the manager account as the destination account.
- List sharing happens automatically for dynamic remarketing dynamic attributes (custom parameters).
- List owners can see which accounts have access to their lists by going to "Audiences" in "Shared library."