When people interact directly with your business online and offline, it provides an opportunity to learn more about who they are and how you can address their needs.
This information is particularly valuable because it’s unique to your business and comes directly from your customers. Customer Match is an advertising tool that helps you make the most of your own data.
Customer Match helps you reach these customers, re-engage with them, and find new customers like them across Search, Shopping, Gmail, YouTube, and Display.
Customer Match helps you reach custom segments of your existing customers and deliver a tailored message when it’s most relevant to them by uploading first-party customer data, which we use to match against Google users.
Why invest in Customer Match?
Customer Match lets you use first-party data to share the unique insights you have about your customers beyond Google’s understanding. That can allow you to deepen existing customer relationships—or build new ones—across all of Google's properties in a privacy-safe way. This is becoming increasingly important as Google phases-out cookie-based remarketing due to privacy, browser, and regulation changes.
Customer Match can provide one of the most scalable product solutions for you to make the most of your first-party data while continuing to get the performance benefits that you expect from Google.
Benefits of Customer Match
- Build deeper relationships with your customers or acquire new ones
- Connect your existing customers with another product or service they may like.
- Find new customers similar to your best customers.
- Reach your existing customers with special offers and messaging.
- Re-activate dormant customers.
- Alternative audience strategy that is easily scalable
- As we move towards a cookie-less world, Customer Match lists will continue to enable you to reach your most valuable users and be an important tool in the way you manage your audiences without relying on traditional tag based website visitors.
- Important signal in Smart Bidding and optimized targeting
- Your Customer Match lists are used in Smart Bidding and optimized targeting to help you get the best performance.
- If you’re using Smart Bidding or optimized targeting and Customer Match, your Customer Match lists may be used to improve your campaigns’ performance. Customer lists will soon be automatically included in Smart Bidding. Different campaign types will start including customer lists at different times.
Tentative timelines for Customer Match lists to be automatically included in Smart Bidding
|Ad campaign type||Tentative timelines|
|Performance Max||Q3 2022|
If you don’t want your Customer Match lists to be included to improve your Smart Bidding or optimized targeting performance, opt-out of automatically using available customer lists in your account:
- Select the customer ID for the individual account.
- From the page menu on the left, click Settings, then Account Settings.
- In the “Customer Match” section, uncheck the “Use all Customer Match lists in Smart Bidding or Optimized Targeting” checkbox.
Basics | Get started with Customer Match
Learn the Customer Match basics and how to use it to achieve your business goals.
Set-up | Set-up up your Customer Match
Create or update a campaign to target your Customer Match audience — customers from your uploaded data file who are Google users.
Upload data | Upload your Customer Match data
Learn about the options you have to activate and update CRM data with Customer Match.
Troubleshoot | Fix issues with your customer lists
Fix issues with your customer lists.
Privacy and Security
Learn about collecting customer data in a privacy-safe way.