Conversion-based customer lists is a feature that makes it easier for you to set up Customer Match by checking a box in your Google Ads account settings. Once opted-in, this feature automatically creates audience segments for each of your conversion goals where enhanced conversions are active. Opting in at the account level allows you to input your data into one location that will be applied across your campaigns.
How it works
Enhanced conversions is a feature that can improve the accuracy of your conversion measurement by sending hashed first party user-provided data from your website to Google in a privacy safe way. Learn more About enhanced conversions.
When you set up conversion-based customer lists, the hashed user-provided data provided by you for enhanced conversions will also be used to build a customer list. This feature simplifies the path to measuring and activating your first-party data as conversion-based audience lists are automatically available in Audience Manager once you opt in.
This article will go over the steps to set up conversion-based customer lists.
- Implementing enhanced conversions can improve your conversion measurement accuracy and unlock more powerful bidding.
- Using conversion-based customer lists helps you save time on managing and updating customer lists by automatically building lists using data provided by you for enhanced conversions.
- Using Customer Match improves your Smart Bidding and allows you to use customer lifecycle optimization such as new customer acquisition goals in Performance Max campaigns.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Account settings from the dropdown menu.
- In the “Customer match” section, select Conversion-based customer lists.
- Click the checkbox to “Turn on conversion-based customer lists”.
- Click Save.
Note: Customer Match lists are automatically used in Smart bidding.
Once you have set up conversion-based customer lists, it will automatically generate an audience segment for each goal in your conversions campaign summary page. This will be available in the Audience manager. Learn more About Audience manager