Audiences let you segment your users in the ways that are important to your business. You can segment by event (e.g.,
level_up) and by user property (e.g., Age, Gender, Language), and combine events, parameters, and properties to include practically any subset of users.
Use audiences to:
- Filter reports so you can analyze how different user segments engage with your app
- Target Notifications to individual audiences
- Target Remote Config to deliver custom experiences to different audiences
If you link your project to AdWords (Project Settings > Integrations), then your audiences are available in your shared library in AdWords, and you can use them in your ad campaigns. You can remarket to existing or previous users, and you can create similar audiences to prospect for new users.In this article:
The table lists your audiences: both predefined and ones you have customized. The following audiences are predefined:
- All users: Users who have ever launched your app.
- Purchasers: Users who have completed an in-app purchase or ecommerce purchase.
Click an audience in the table to see a detailed report for that audience. Click at the far right to duplicate, edit, delete, or apply the audience to your dashboard.
The user metrics in this report count users who were active during the date range you're using for the report.
Create an audience
You create an audience by selecting criteria that reference any of the user properties and events (along with any of their parameters) logged by the app. Once created, an audience accumulates users who meet the specified criteria from that point onward. You can create up to 50 audiences.
To create a new audience:
- In Analytics, navigate to your app.
- Click Audiences.
- Click NEW AUDIENCE.
- Enter a name and description for the audience. This name and description will allow you to identify the audience in the management table.
- Click Event or User Property.
- Create one or more conditions that define who should be included in this audience. You can create conditions that include the users who have taken specific actions (Event) or who share a property (User Property). Combine multiple conditions with OR or AND.
- Click Create to save your conditions and create the audience.