Link App + Web properties and Google Ads
When you link your Analytics App + Web properties and Google Ads accounts, your Analytics audiences and conversion-event data are exported to Google Ads.
You can link App + Web properties to individual Google Ads accounts and to Google Ads manager accounts.
You can create up to 400 links.
Before you begin
To link a Web + App Property to Google Ads, use a Google account that has the following permissions. If your account doesn’t have these permissions, ask your Analytics or Google Ads administrator for help.
- In Analytics, you need to have Edit permission for the property that you want to link.
- In Google Ads, that same Google account needs administrative access.
- If you link to a Google Ads manager account, any data that you import from Analytics will be available to all of your client accounts.
- In Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Property column, use the menu to select the property you want to link.
- Under Product Linking, click Google Ads Linking.
If you haven't created any links yet, you see the link-configuration options.
If you have already created links, you see the link list. Click + New Link to open the link-configuration options.
- In the list of available Google Ads accounts, select the ones you want to link.
- Click Continue.
- The option to export audiences and conversion events is selected by default.
- Click Advanced Settings to enable auto-tagging (default) or to leave your destination URLs as you have tagged them.
- Under Account Settings: Data Sharing, select Share my Analytics data with linked Google Ads accounts to share data like goal conversions and site-engagement metrics.
- Click Link accounts.
- In Analytics, click Admin.
- In the Property column, under Product Linking, click Google Ads Linking.
- In the list of existing links, click the one you want to edit.
- Click Edit to:
- Change your export options
- Change your auto-tagging option
- Click Delete link to delete the link. (Learn more about unlinking in the following section.)
Unlinking Google Ads accounts from Analytics
Either a Google Ads Admin or an Analytics user with Edit permission can unlink the linked Google Ads account(s).
Unlinking the account(s) from the property stops the data sharing that occurred as a result of the link.
- All data that was shared before the link was deleted remains available to both Google Ads and Analytics.
- Any data that is added or updated (e.g., conversions) after the link is deleted, and for which sharing was in place as a result of the link, is no longer shared.
- If you’re using a Google Ads manager account, unlinking a property applies to all of your client accounts.
- New users won’t be added to audience lists that you’ve imported.
- When you unlink your Google Ads account, events that were marked as remarketing conversions become unmarked.
Google Ads interface
You can link Google Ads accounts and Analytics App + Web properties from the Google Ads interface. However, the Google Ads interface doesn't identify App + Web properties as such at this time. When you create the link, select Firebase, and select a project for which you've already configured an app stream.
Audiences that you export from App + Web properties include only app data at this time, and you can use them only in app campaigns.
In the coming months, we expect to include web data, with the following caveats:
- You need to activate Google signals for the App + Web property.
- In the Google Ads interface, these audiences will be categorized as app audiences, but they will include web data and you can use them for your web campaigns.
- These audiences will not be deduplicated across web and app in Google Ads.
Conversion export from Analytics to Google Ads currently includes only app conversions.