Content targeting overview
Video features might not be enabled for your network. To learn more, contact your account manager.
DFP Video enables content owners and publishers to monetize their video content more broadly. You can target ads not only to ad units on a webpage, but also to specific video content.
- Target ads for running shoes to specific sports videos.
- Target ads for hotels to specific travel videos, only when those videos appear on a particular website.
- Target ads for kitchen appliances to all videos with the category "cooking."
How it works:
- In DFP, connect to a content source and ingest the metadata for the video content.
- Map the way videos were categorized in the content source to the way you want to categorize them for ad targeting.
- Target line items to specific videos or content metadata (such as a "sports" or "entertainment" category) along with all other standard targeting options.
- Your video player must pass the cmsid and vid parameters with your ad tag for your content targeting to work.