About Advertising Features
Analytics Advertising Features is a collection of features that takes advantage of the Google advertising cookies so you can do things like:
- Create Remarketing Audiences based on specific behavior, demographic, and interest data, and share those lists with Google Ads
- Use demographic and interest data in your Analytics reports
- Create Segments based on demographic and interest data
If you’re an Analytics 360 user, you have access to the additional features of being able to see Campaign Manager data in your reports, and being able to create remarketing lists in Analytics and share them with Display & Video 360.
You enable Analytics Advertising Features so that Analytics can collect information about your users from the Google advertising cookies when they are present, along with the information Analytics normally collects.
For more information about the Google's advertising cookies, visit the Google Advertising Privacy FAQ.
If you implement Advertising Features, you must also adhere to the Analytics Advertising Features Policy.
Remarketing with Analytics
Remarketing with Analytics lets you create audiences of your site users and deliver relevant ads for your Google Display Network and Search-ads campaigns based on the actions those users took on your site.
You create a remarketing audience from the Analytics Admin page.
Demographics and Interests reporting
With Demographics and Interests reporting in Analytics, you can:
- Understand how your site audience breaks down by Age, Gender, and Interests.
- Better target your ad spend. Once you’ve used the reports to identify who visits your site, and who converts, you can target your ads to those specific audiences. (The Age, Gender, and Interests dimensions correspond exactly to the demographic and interest data available for targeting in Google Ads.)
- Use Age, Gender, and Interests to build Segments for your reports.
- Use Age, Gender, and Interests to build Remarketing Lists.
These reports are located in the Audience section of Analytics.
Campaign Manager integration
When you successfully complete the integration, you’ll see a new set of Campaign Manager reports located in the Acquisition section of Analytics. You’ll also see traffic from Display ads in other Acquisition reports, as well as in the Conversions > Multi-Channel Funnels reports.
Display & Video 360 integration
The Display & Video 360 integration with Analytics lets Analytics 360 customers create remarketing lists in Analytics and have those lists available in Display & Video 360.
Google Display Network (GDN) Impression Reporting
Google Display Network (GDN) Impression Reporting lets Google advertisers measure the impact of unclicked GDN Display ad impressions on site behavior and conversions. When you enable this feature, you'll see GDN impression activity for non-text Display ads—including Rich Media ads (i.e., animated image and Flash ads)—in the Multi-Channel Funnels reports.
Segments let you isolate and analyze subsets of sessions and users. When you enable Advertising Features, you have the additional options of isolating data by age, gender, and interest so you can uncover more detailed information about your audience.