Ad Manager supports multiple ad networks including AdSense, Ad Exchange, and other third-party networks. Ad Manager is best for publishers who have significant direct sales, larger sales, or ad ops teams and require granular controls over inventory and delivery.
If you want more automation and easy to implement ad solutions, AdSense might be a better fit for you. AdSense and Ad Manager publishers have access to the same premium advertisers and certified buyers. You can serve high-quality ads from both AdSense and Ad Manager.
You need a valid Google AdSense account to sign up for Ad Manager. If you don’t have a Google AdSense account already, create a new AdSense account.
Your Ad Manager account is permanently linked to your Google AdSense account. If you have more than one Google AdSense account, make sure you sign up for Ad Manager using the right one.
- Go to admanager.google.com to sign up for an account.
- Click Create account, then choose For myself or To manage my business.
- Follow the prompts to complete the sign up.
Before you do anything in your new Ad Manager account, make sure that the network settings are correct. Once you have created your first order, network time zone and currency are permanently set and cannot be changed.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Global settings Network settings.
- Review time zone and currency settings.
These setting were configured when the Ad Manager network was created. They can be changed up until you create your first order.
- If you've made changes, click Save.
Your network is up and running. Here are a more articles to help you get started.
- Create your inventory structure
- Tag your pages with Google Publisher Tags (GPT)
- Traffic ads to your inventory
You can search this help center for more help. You can also explore the support options available to you.