These are the main steps for getting started with Ad Manager Mobile app:
Step 1: Determine your ad strategy
Before you begin, you need a plan for what formats and sizes you want to use in your app and the ad placements. Learn about your options and best practices.
Step 2: Design your inventory structure
You may want to use your inventory structure to differentiate between web and apps, and to differentiate any content that may monetize differently.
- Download the Google Mobile ads (GMA) SDK for Android or iOS.
- Use the Android or iOS quick start guides in the developer documentation to integrate the GMA SDK into your app.
- Depending on your ad strategy and inventory structure, you can request Ad Manager ad units in various supported sizes and formats (e.g., banners, interstitials, and native).
- For additional parameters like key-values, audience segments, audience pixels, etc., refer to the “Targeting” section in the developer documentation for Android and iOS.
- We don’t have a Windows version of our GMA Ads SDK for Ad Manager. To serve ads in Windows Phone apps, you can use a Tagless Request.
- App developers can also see GMA API references with Google Play Services and code samples on the GitHub page.
Step 4: Claim your apps in Ad Manager
Step 5: Configure ad units and traffic in Ad Manager
- Use existing ad units or create any app-specific additional ad units, key-values and audience segments.
The ad units will be called from your app, and any custom criteria can be added as extra parameters in the request.
- Traffic line items and creatives for mobile apps.
Consider separate creatives and line items for different apps or operating systems (iOS and Android) with targeting.
- Find the ad unit IDs and sizes to be used by your development team when integrating the Mobile Ads SDK.
Learn more about additional parameters that can be passed from your app and used in Ad Manager.
Step 6: Test your setup
You’re now ready to test your app and see some ads serving.