With Meet, it’s easy to meet team members anywhere in the world, at any time–all from a computer or mobile device. If you would like to create a meeting, instead of joining one already in progress, read Start a video meeting.
Note: If you're not signed in to your G Suite account or joining another organization’s meeting, a participant might need to approve your request to join.
See your scheduled meetings in Calendar and quickly join a video meeting.
- In Calendar, open the event.
- Tap Join video call.
If your G Suite administrator allows it, you can also join from a Microsoft® Outlook® calendar event. For details, see Set up interoperability.
In Hangouts Meet, you can join a video meeting using the Meet app, or you can enter a meeting code.
Note: Participants who join after the fifth are automatically muted.
Join from the Hangouts Meet app
- Open the Hangouts Meet app.
- Swipe up from the bottom to view your scheduled meetings.
- Select a meeting from the list and tap Join.
Join with a meeting code
Every Meet video meeting has a code that you can use to join the meeting. The meeting code is a series of characters, such as abc-defg-hjk. You can get the meeting code from the joining information that was sent to you or at the end of the meeting link.
- Open the Hangouts Meet app and then tap Meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code.
Note: The hyphens in the meeting code are optional.
- Tap Join.
- (Optional) Depending on whether you're joining from a different organization or signed in to a G Suite account, choose an option:
- Select Ask to Join.
- Enter your name and tap Ask to Join.
If your device supports 3D Touch, you can start or join a meeting from the Meet app. To start a meeting, you must be signed in to your G Suite account.
- On your device, touch and hold Meet .
- If you’re signed in to your G Suite account, tap Join or Join or start a meeting.
- If you’re not signed in, tap Use a meeting code.
Add the Meet app shortcut
- From the lock screen, swipe to the right.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- Scroll down to Meet and tap Add .
Join a meeting from the lock screen
- From the lock screen, swipe to the right.
- Scroll down to Meet, and tap Join or Rejoin.
Tip: You can also tap Calendar notifications, then the meeting link.
Sometimes there isn’t enough time to schedule a meeting and book a room. With Hangouts Meet, you can join an impromptu video meeting by clicking the meeting link URL sent to you in a text or email.
- Tap the meeting link sent to you via text or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join.
A phone number is added to video meetings only if administrators turn on the dial-in feature.
If your G Suite administrator allows, you can dial in for audio-only access to a Hangouts Meet video meeting, even if you’re in a different organization or have a different G Suite edition from the event organizer. If you’re in the organizer's corporate directory, participants see your name in the meeting. Otherwise, they see a partial phone number.
Other participants should always verify that the person who dials in is the correct participant. Anyone who dials in counts toward the maximum meeting limit and regular call charges apply.
Join a meeting using a phone number
You can dial-in during the scheduled meeting time using one of the following methods:
- Enter the phone number that’s in the Google Calendar event or meeting invitation.
Then, enter the PIN and #.
- From the Meet or Calendar app, tap the phone number.
The PIN is automatically entered.
Note: All G Suite editions include a U.S. phone number. G Suite Basic, Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise for Education editions also support international numbers. Regular call charges apply.
Mute or unmute your phone
You're muted if another meeting participant mutes you or if you:
- Press *6.
- Have your phone's volume at the lowest level.
- Join after the 10th participant.
Press *6 again or increase the volume to unmute.
Supported countries for dialing into a meeting
Lists of supported countries subject to changeFor dialing in to a meeting...
All G Suite editions include a U.S. phone number. G Suite Basic, Business, Enterprise, and Enterprise for Education editions also support international numbers. Regular call charges apply.
- Argentina (AR)
- Australia (AU)
- Austria (AT)
- Belgium (BE)
- Brazil (BR)
- Bulgaria (BG)
- Canada (CA)
- Colombia (CO)
- Costa Rica (CR)
- Croatia (HR)
- Cyprus (CY)–G Suite Enterprise and Enterprise for Education only
- Czech Republic (CZ)
- Denmark (DK)
- Dominican Republic (DO)
- El Salvador (SV)
- Estonia (EE)
- Finland (FI)
- France (FR)
- Georgia (GE)
- Germany (DE)
- Greece (GR)
- Hungary (HU)
- Iceland (IS)
- Ireland (IE)
- Italy (IT)
- Latvia (LV)
- Lithuania (LT)
- Luxembourg (LU)
- Malta (MT)
- Netherlands (NL)
- New Zealand (NZ)
- Nicaragua (NI)
- Norway (NO)
- Poland (PL)
- Portugal (PT)
- Puerto Rico (PR)
- Romania (RO)
- Serbia (SP)
- Slovenia (SI)
- South Africa (ZA)
- Spain (ES)
- Sweden (SE)
- Switzerland (CH)
- Thailand (TH)
- Turkey (TR)–G Suite Enterprise and Enterprise for Education only
- United Kingdom (GB)
- United States (US)
If your organization allows it, you can join a video meeting from a third-party conferencing system.
- Open the Calendar event or meeting invite.
- Follow the instructions to join from the third party conferencing system.
What you can’t do
If you join from a third-party system, you can’t use Meet to control functions, such as your camera or microphone. Instead, use the third-party controls.
For example, you can’t take the following actions from your third-party system:
- See or write in-meeting chat.
- Start or stop Meet recordings.
- Admit or block other participants.
- Mute or unmute other participants.
- Other Meet participants cannot mute your room.